I need a cover - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Posts: 23
Has anyone found somewhere to order an RV cover for a 17' Bigfoot. I ordered the smallest "RV Cover" and it was still huge. Does any company manufacture covers for our little fiberglass treasures??? Thanks
__________________

__________________
ROIDON L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 473
We got a cover from Cover Giant made specifically for the 16-17' Casita. They had two - one for sun and one for rain. I amin objective was too protect the finish from sap and needles from the fir trees. Cost was less that $200 delivered.

The quality seems good but we do have some damage in less than a year. Part of is was from an ice dan that formed behind the gutter last winter. Duct tape will extend the life for a few years.

I do not know whether they have one for the Bigfoot or if the Casita one would work (it is norrower) but at least that gives you a place to start.

Dave
__________________

__________________
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Don't know the measurements of your Bigfoot... or if you have roof A/C, etc. but anything with "RV" in the title is typically higher priced. It's been said, that a horse trailer cover works well. In this case, get your measurements and let Google be your friend.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Posts: 23
Quote:
Don't know the measurements of your Bigfoot... or if you have roof A/C, etc. but anything with "RV" in the title is typically higher priced. It's been said, that a horse trailer cover works well. In this case, get your measurements and let Google be your friend.

You are a genius!!!!!!Many thanks
__________________
ROIDON L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Posts: 1,043
I agree with Donna..... The following link is for van covers and i use the "Tyvek V2" on a 16' 1994 Casita SD and it is better than five years old...... look at the measurement in the tyvek section for one that will fit yours or try a different material.
Joe
Budge Covers: Click on the cover size
http://www.budgecarcovers.com/Premie...uck-Cover.html
__________________
Joe and Linda
2013 Casita SD
Dodge Ram 4x4
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Doug Mager's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Posts: 2,536
Registry
Seeing as how our Trillium will now be outside 24/7 ...and NOT wanting to take risks with a 'painted' trailer, I'm working on a deal right now with California Car Cover for one of their 'deluxe' covers ($65/ft!!) with zippered doorway 8 grommets at the bottom plus an elasticized bottom hem. Pricey yes, but I hope it'll be worth it. They need as many dimensions as I can get to them. More acurate the dimensions, the better the fit.

The folks at California Car Cover had no clue WHAT a Trillium trailer was. Didn't seem to make any difference if I threw names like Scamp, Echo, Burro at them either.

Check out their site:
http://www.californiacarcover.com
__________________
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 1300 Trillium
Posts: 3
Quote:
I agree with Donna..... The following link is for van covers and i use the "Tyvek V2" on a 16' 1994 Casita SD and it is better than five years old...... look at the measurement in the tyvek section for one that will fit yours or try a different material.
Joe
Budge Covers: Click on the cover size
http://www.budgecarcovers.com/Premie...uck-Cover.html
I believe I have seen them on kijiji check the BC site
__________________
Laurie Vandepoele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
Member
 
Doug P.'s Avatar
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Southern Alberta
Posts: 72
I see you live in Vancouver, I would take the measurements of your trailer
and go to Escape Trailers in Chilliwack and see Reace as he has a awsome
cover availible for his 17' trailers and it would probably fit the Bigfoot.
__________________
Doug P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
CarolnJim's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Posts: 901
Quote:
Seeing as how our Trillium will now be outside 24/7 ...and NOT wanting to take risks with a 'painted' trailer, I'm working on a deal right now with California Car Cover for one of their 'deluxe' covers ($65/ft!!) with zippered doorway 8 grommets at the bottom plus an elasticized bottom hem. Pricey yes, but I hope it'll be worth it. They need as many dimensions as I can get to them. More acurate the dimensions, the better the fit.

The folks at California Car Cover had no clue WHAT a Trillium trailer was. Didn't seem to make any difference if I threw names like Scamp, Echo, Burro at them either.

Check out their site:
http://www.californiacarcover.com
Hi Doug

We purchased our Casita cover from California Car Cover. Great to work with.. and a great cover. We would highly recommend that you do get the zippered door... it's really great to have for easy entrance.
Attached Thumbnails
126_2628_IMG_copy.jpg   126_2625_IMG_copy.jpg  

__________________

__________________
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vent Cover and Power Outlet Cover Todd Sleeman Classified Archives 0 11-30-2008 06:29 PM
a/c cover Christi V. Classified Archives 1 10-14-2008 09:44 AM
To cover or not to cover, that is my question?! Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 33 06-05-2003 08:49 AM
Keep TP dry in CD cover Legacy Posts Modifications, Alterations and Updates 7 04-30-2003 04:02 PM
ac cover Legacy Posts Modifications, Alterations and Updates 4 03-02-2003 11:20 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.