I need a cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Has anyone found somewhere to order an RV cover for a 17' Bigfoot. I ordered the smallest "RV Cover" and it was still huge. Does any company manufacture covers for our little fiberglass treasures??? Thanks
ROIDON L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We got a cover from Cover Giant made specifically for the 16-17' Casita. They had two - one for sun and one for rain. I amin objective was too protect the finish from sap and needles from the fir trees. Cost was less that $200 delivered.

The quality seems good but we do have some damage in less than a year. Part of is was from an ice dan that formed behind the gutter last winter. Duct tape will extend the life for a few years.

I do not know whether they have one for the Bigfoot or if the Casita one would work (it is norrower) but at least that gives you a place to start.

Dave
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Don't know the measurements of your Bigfoot... or if you have roof A/C, etc. but anything with "RV" in the title is typically higher priced. It's been said, that a horse trailer cover works well. In this case, get your measurements and let Google be your friend.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:
Don't know the measurements of your Bigfoot... or if you have roof A/C, etc. but anything with "RV" in the title is typically higher priced. It's been said, that a horse trailer cover works well. In this case, get your measurements and let Google be your friend.

You are a genius!!!!!!Many thanks
ROIDON L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I agree with Donna..... The following link is for van covers and i use the "Tyvek V2" on a 16' 1994 Casita SD and it is better than five years old...... look at the measurement in the tyvek section for one that will fit yours or try a different material.
Joe
Budge Covers: Click on the cover size
http://www.budgecarcovers.com/Premie...uck-Cover.html
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Seeing as how our Trillium will now be outside 24/7 ...and NOT wanting to take risks with a 'painted' trailer, I'm working on a deal right now with California Car Cover for one of their 'deluxe' covers ($65/ft!!) with zippered doorway 8 grommets at the bottom plus an elasticized bottom hem. Pricey yes, but I hope it'll be worth it. They need as many dimensions as I can get to them. More acurate the dimensions, the better the fit.

The folks at California Car Cover had no clue WHAT a Trillium trailer was. Didn't seem to make any difference if I threw names like Scamp, Echo, Burro at them either.

Check out their site:
http://www.californiacarcover.com
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #7

Trailer: 1978 1300 Trillium
Quote:
I agree with Donna..... The following link is for van covers and i use the "Tyvek V2" on a 16' 1994 Casita SD and it is better than five years old...... look at the measurement in the tyvek section for one that will fit yours or try a different material.
Joe
Budge Covers: Click on the cover size
http://www.budgecarcovers.com/Premie...uck-Cover.html
I believe I have seen them on kijiji check the BC site
Laurie Vandepoele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
I see you live in Vancouver, I would take the measurements of your trailer
and go to Escape Trailers in Chilliwack and see Reace as he has a awsome
cover availible for his 17' trailers and it would probably fit the Bigfoot.
Doug P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Seeing as how our Trillium will now be outside 24/7 ...and NOT wanting to take risks with a 'painted' trailer, I'm working on a deal right now with California Car Cover for one of their 'deluxe' covers ($65/ft!!) with zippered doorway 8 grommets at the bottom plus an elasticized bottom hem. Pricey yes, but I hope it'll be worth it. They need as many dimensions as I can get to them. More acurate the dimensions, the better the fit.

The folks at California Car Cover had no clue WHAT a Trillium trailer was. Didn't seem to make any difference if I threw names like Scamp, Echo, Burro at them either.

Check out their site:
http://www.californiacarcover.com
Hi Doug

We purchased our Casita cover from California Car Cover. Great to work with.. and a great cover. We would highly recommend that you do get the zippered door... it's really great to have for easy entrance.
Attached Thumbnails
126_2628_IMG_copy.jpg   126_2625_IMG_copy.jpg  

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote