I need a wiring education - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 AM   #15
Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr

Hi Amy -
I don't have the answers to your questions, but I do want to say DUMP THIS SHOP! They shouldn't give customers a hard time, and I've found that shops that treat me like a "stupid WOMAN" aren't ones worth working with (or sharing my hard-earned dollars with). Certainly there's someone else around who will be more helpful, and perhaps even help coach you along the way!

We had a shop like that in town when I bought my trailer in 2008. I walked in with a list of items, including measurements, and other vital details, I needed. I told him I'd juts bought a 35 year old fiberglass trailer in need of several repairs before I hit the road, and that I had a few things I needed to get started. I asked him where I could find the first on my list. His response, "I can't help you unless I SEE the trailer." (What he really wanted was for this woman to drag the trailer down there so he could do the work himself and I could pay him for it.) I tried to continue, pointing out I had all my measurements and info on this bright-yellow, great big pad of paper right there in my hot yellow hands. He continued to be such an ASS that I finally just turned to him and said, "Are you seriously not going to be helpful? I just told you I have a 35 year old trailer that needs lots of parts, all of which YOUR place sells. Apparently you don't want my business."

I never returned...neither did lots of other folks I've since learned were treated similarly.

They're now out of business and I've found a GREAT, SUPER FRIENDLY, HELPFUL supplier of parts and service. Sure, I drive 50 miles for it, but it's worth every darned drop of gas!

The Blog - travels and more
The Book - what we do around these parts
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote