I would like a drawer please... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp
I would like a drawer please...

Below my stove....either talk me out of this mod or give me photos so I can decide how I can do this. I did run the stove for about 20 minutes to see if it got hot underneath and it was not unreasonably hot under the stove.

I have a 77 scamp with refrigerator below... any advice will be considered and appreciated
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygal View Post
Below my stove....either talk me out of this mod or give me photos so I can decide how I can do this. I did run the stove for about 20 minutes to see if it got hot underneath and it was not unreasonably hot under the stove.

I have a 77 scamp with refrigerator below... any advice will be considered and appreciated
We have a Scamp 16 and the silverwear draw is immediately under the burners. In our motor home I installed a bread draw immediately under the oven. No Issues.

When we get home in a couple of weeks I plan to put a draw under the counter on the sink side of our unit. I can send you pictures when I do it.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Brandy, this is about the best I can come up with: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...wer-29458.html Shows pictures of the glides, etc.

The silverware draw in my Scamp is right under the sink. Pretty shallow drawer, but plenty of room for just silverware.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
I added a drawer under the stove in our 13' Scamp by adding internal supports and using standard glides and drawer construction. It worked great! Sorry, no photos -- now have a different camper.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygal View Post

We have a drawer between the stove and the fridge and have never noticed that it was hot in there. Here is a picture:

Finished trailer Feb 16 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Brian
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Brandy, I updated our Scamp's silverware drawer, located right beneath the stove. Here's the thread where I show how I did it: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-34157.html

peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I just went out and open my silverware drawer and then look up at the bottom of the cooktop and there is a 1/2" piece of osb board screwed to the bottom of the cooktop which makes a heat barrier.

This is in a 2009 Scamp sd
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Mine is right under the stove - feel free to take a few photos of how its all put together next week-end. :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #9

Trailer: 77 Scamp
oh peter why must i see your mods, they always make me so envious of your talents..nicly done. I did mine will post photos tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterh View Post
Brandy, I updated our Scamp's silverware drawer, located right beneath the stove. Here's the thread where I show how I did it: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-34157.html

Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #10

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Drawers under stove

When revovating my kitchen unit, I installed a drawer under my stove and I haven't had any problems with it. It took a bit of engineering to get the clearances right because of the depth of the stove.

For slides, I purchased self closing slides from Lee Valley. They have a spring mechanism in them which pulls the drawer shut for the last two inches and holds it shut in transit. They have worked out just great. I'll take some photos of this installationand post them.

There is a large number of different slides available in Lee Valley's catalogue. They can be seen on line at LeeValley.com
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #11

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
My Boler came with a drawer under the stove, which is above the icebox.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote