Ideas Wanted - New Propane Install - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #57

Name: B & N
Trailer: View
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
Bill, I got them at etrailer (Clearance Lights LED Light Round Trailer Lights | etrailer.com) If I remember, the side lights were 2" and the clearance lights were minis.
I like the looks of your thermostat, but I haven't decided exactly where to mount it. I'm thinking that I can mount it on the wall between the street-side closet and shower opening, at just about shoulder height. I think I should have room for the lp sensor near the floor, below the electric heater. But since I won't need the furnace until our trip to FL in October, I'm going to measure 5 or 6 times before I make any more cuts in the fiberglass.

I think I'll tackle solar before that and run all the wiring that I'll need for the furnace at the same time.

Ron
Thanks Ron, for the info on the LED lights.

I don't blame you for taking your time with the furnace location - good decision!

Have fun dropping the ceiling by over the entrance to run your wires - it was a blast ;-) BTW - I'm not sure if I told you, but while running wires I put in a dbl wire dbl insulated #12 (brake wire) from converter to cabinets over the galley so I can mount a couple of the mini 12v receptacles on the underside of the top cabinet on either end so I can charge cell phone, laptop, etc. I'm putting them up their so they are handy and pretty much out of sight - also, the phone and/or computer will have a safe place to set while charging and I can reach either of them from the bed.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #58

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Robison View Post
Jim - I looking through your fridge rough opening behind your Wave...

Tell us a little about what you did back in there - maybe a PVC support leg held in place via all-thread rod? Is the to support an under-gallery shelf like I put in?

And what is the single black wire - coax?

Please tell us your story about that dark and scary place - supply all of us with lots of photos...

Bill
Jim,
I know Jim Palmer is always tweaking his design. I'm also curious about the distance between the floor and the bottom of your fridge. In the photo, it looks like it's nearer the floor than mine.

My camper is one his tweaks. It's one-of-a-kind because it has 2 reflectors and 4 active tail lights. One of the reasons that I went to LEDs was because in my former tug, I kept blowing the fuse to the tail light converter. I think that all the incandescent clearance lights and the tail lights were close to the limit for the circuit.

Ron

Ron

Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #59

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
The space behind is relatively open, actually "wasted" space. The wire you see is the feed for the refer which was hot so I wanted to protect it via inserting it into a hole on the shelf. Yes it is a threaded rod, but I ran short piece of wood behind the heater and wedged the shelf tight, you can see it in the photo. all the nuts and bolts were missing and laying on the floor. the other wire is the new feed for the exterior light which is switched.
I wanted to install a drawer under the refer but opted for the propane alarm with a switch to turn off when not using propane. To make better use of the shelf underneath I installed a Hepvo valve and that really allows a lot more access.
I just finished my Jensen marine weather radio install plus another 15 interior led button lights, photos tomorrow since I have to wait til night to take the pictures..
here is a pic of these- real nice inside upper cabinets, both closets and down lights.
Attached Thumbnails
ULITE_on.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #60

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Robison View Post
Thanks Ron, for the info on the LED lights.

Have fun dropping the ceiling by over the entrance to run your wires - it was a blast ;-).
Bill, Was that sarcasm? I've noticed, in photos, that the newer EggCampers have what looks like a fiberglass ceiling panel that covers the seam. Mine has a carpeted panel covering the seam and it's very easily removed to run wiring, just remove several screws and everything is exposed.

Ron