If it's not Fiberglass what is it? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Senior Member
Trailer: 1980 Burro
Posts: 288
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I thought when steel or other metal was used in concrete, it was called rebar Or is that a particular kind of metal used?
Rebar is just steel that has surface ridges on it so that the concrete can grip it better. There are lots of steel shapes used as concrete reinforcement, a wire mesh is often used in floors.

My brother had a friend many years ago that built a concrete boat and sailed around the word in it. The concrete was only 1/2 thick with many many layers of wire mesh reinforcement. The concrete surface was sealed with epoxy.

Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Senior Member
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Posts: 877
In Europe, fiberglass is glass reinforced plastic. (GRP) It's actually a more descriptive name.

SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.