If money no biggy, which FG trailer would you buy? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #101

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Since this is the money is no object thread, it does seem to come
down to style. To enjoy myself to the utmost I would have to invest
in a time machine so I could spend time in certain places in a certain era.

LOL........I'd be the only FG trailer heading West.
I do make a comment while watching the old shows.
"See, there have always been full-timers."
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #102

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterh View Post
My answer has to be I can't buy what I want. When we're out in our Scamp 5er, I sit at in the U-shaped dinette I built or curl up in the loft I remodelled, and see the cabinets and doors I made, the floor plan I created, the upholstery and curtains Lynne made, and I think about the places my wife and I have been, the things we've seen together while travelling with it.

The feeling is something between "home" and "family member" sometimes. I am hoping our Surfside 14.5 project trailer feels the same when we are done with it. My only problem then is figuring out which of the two trailers we should keep.

I can buy a trailer, but it's not the stuff the manufacturer provides that makes it special.
I agree with Peter. All the big, beautiful, new Escapes and Bigfoots would be great but for me the little Trillium 13 that my husband and I restored feels so "right". Also the little trailers are just so easy to tow and handle with my Subaru Forester.
msinger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #103

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If its always about money... and those of us looking to buy brand new, we probably all lose. But, it's about time and making memories. Yeppers, I could spend many nights in motels for what my new Escape 5er is going to cost me and still save money. But there's no motel at Dome Rock or..... and it's my dirt, not the thousands before me touching the remote or sleeping on my mattress. How can you possibly put a $$ to the experiences of owning an all molded towable... no matter the budget or what you paid? If not now? When? Every single person (couple) needs to decide what they want for their future. Mine is not going to be like yours....
A recent psychology study found that, over time, people value posessions less and memories more. Take home message - spend your time and money making memories....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #104

Name: Craig
Trailer: Currently researching
Ontario
I am too new to the trailer scene to know from first-hand experience of what I really want for sure, but if money was not a factor it would probably be a 21' Escape or an Oliver. But then if money was no object, a 13'-15' Scamp (or similar) for short-term camping, and a 22'-28' custom Airstream for long-term winter living would fit the bill nicely. Why settle for one size?
cramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #105

Name: Steve and Janna
Trailer: '02 Scamp 13
North Carolina
Registry
This has turned out to be an interesting thread. It's always fun to dream, though I do tend to fall in with the 'love-what-you-got' approach.

If I must dream though, my dream is: a Nest Caravan.

And oh yeah, I get to collaborate with the builder on final design details - making it a custom unit.

http://www.nestcaravans.com/images/N...neBrochure.pdf
Steve_N_Janna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #106

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
I wish I could see a Bigfoot 17.5 with front bed (25B17.5F, seems like the perfect layout for me.2500 Series Travel Trailers - Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #107

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Nowak View Post
I wish I could see a Bigfoot 17.5 with front bed (25B17.5F, seems like the perfect layout for me.2500 Series Travel Trailers - Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer
So would I like to see that Bigfoot layout. I think its a fairly new layout for Bigfoot in the 17.5 so haven't had a chance to see any used ones around yet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #108

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
At different times I have enjoyed different camping and recreation experiences. At one point back in the 90's I used to have a camping checklist divided by camping type. This stuff for tenting in the car, different stuff for backpacking, canoe camping, and motor home checklists.

All were different experiences and some great memories. Nine family members driving out to Colorado and looping through the state in a motor home as was canoeing down a Mich. river with just the youngest child. Now it's just the two of us and a small molded fits the bill, if we camp with family they either have their own equipment/camper or borrow some of the tent camping stuff we still have.

Oh and I like puttering and fixing up so I enjoy (most of the time) not having something brand new. Wife enjoys making memories more knowing we are not making a camper payment.

I would buy something nicer, and a little bigger if I won the Lottery or something, but honestly think I would do an end to end restore of the old school bus motor home and go out for one long gas guzzling trip in the "mighty thunder bus" before anything else because man we had some fun times and great memories in that camper.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote