If money no biggy, which FG trailer would you buy? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #41

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Sharon, We originally planned on traveling for 3 years, thinking we'd see it all in that period. We now know one can not live long enough to see it all..... However it's fun trying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #42

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
I hear that loud and clear, Norm. I will hit the road shortly, full-time, and go for as long as my health holds out. Nova Scotia is high on my list. My mother told me stories of childhood vacations there when she lived in Boston. I'm getting excited, although I'll admit to being a bundle of nerves thinking about this new way of life. But it's my time to be free, frugal, and happy.

Sharon
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #43

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
A few things I would consider: Winter camping in cold climates, solar, & my tow vehicle
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #44

Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
There was a thread here or their forum about the Escape warranty terms do not cover full timing.
I'd also like to see this thread.
It would be interesting to note what in fact is not covered by said warranty. I would think that any and all the appliances would be covered by separate warranties. The rest is fiberglass.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #45

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Now that I've settled on the Lil Snoozy, I think that would be my pick. I'm just trying to pare down "needs" from "wants". All the goodies, if money were no object!
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #46

Florida
Holdn1, separating needs from wants is huge in life. In some measure living in a small trailer adds discipline to one's life.

Sharon, Nova Scotia is a great visit as are all the Eastern Canadian provinces. Do them all when you get to the region or resign yourself to coming back. If you're in NH in the summer stop for dinner or lunch or whatever. I'll PM you our phone number.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 01-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #47

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
I would think that any and all the appliances would be covered by separate warranties.
Yes they are.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #48

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Thanks Norm and Ginny. I'm enjoying the anticipation and planning, too.

I got to Nova Scotia last summer, and am looking forward to a more leisurely journey when I have my Snoozy. Maybe I'll just start there to get to Alaska. The Trans Can was very easy, and everyone is so polite!
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #49

Texas
Norm, you betcha on NH, lunch or dinner. Thx.

Sharon
Old 01-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #50

Florida
Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodn1 View Post
Thanks Norm and Ginny. I'm enjoying the anticipation and planning, too.

I got to Nova Scotia last summer, and am looking forward to a more leisurely journey when I have my Snoozy. Maybe I'll just start there to get to Alaska. The Trans Can was very easy, and everyone is so polite!
Deborah,

The leisurely part of travel is a really important part, oje of the best parts of retirement. We loved our trip to Alaska, but my favorite trip is to Newfoundland, closer for us and equally rural. One of the good fiberglass rallies is the Vintage Fiberglass Rally, it moves around, PEI, NB,....

They allow newer fiberglass rigs as well, really fun and nice people....in fact we've never been to a bad fiberglass rally anywhere.

Wishing you well in your coming adventures

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 01-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #51

Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette, Airstream Safari 19'
California
Sharon,
This is a subject I think about occasionally. Our 16' Scamp is so close to perfect, but there are 2 things that bug me. 1. Bed size too narrow. 2. Clutter from lack of accessible storage. We keep the rear dinette set up as a permanent bed which collects tons of stuff during the day. The side dinette is used for dinner, and then converted to storage duties at night. It works, but is a hassle.
I recently went and looked at a 21' Bigfoot front bed. When entering the trailer I just said "wow!". The spaciousness and storage is awesome, and the quality of construction and workmanship is far above what we have. It is a whole other world, and a different class of camping. The bed was big enough for two, and clutter could be managed with all the storage provided.
But.......
The physical size and weight of that rig was a total different world from snapping the lil Scamp on the back of my Wrangler and taking off in a jiffy.
That rig wouldn't fit in most of the camp sites we have stayed in. Also it would require a substantial tow vehicle.
Even if money was not an issue I can't say that the change of hardware would make us any happier. We would just be dealing with different issues. Ginny said it well, enjoy what ya got.
On the other hand if I was given the Big foot I would most certainly enjoy it! And the new tug too.
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #52

Texas
For me Russ, I would not want any FG trailer larger than a BF 17'. I want 2 wheels only on my trailer -- it's about "nimble" for me. I believe my 16 Scamp is going to be fine, a few things I'll grumble about in terms of storage for sure, but overall I will live well on the road in my little Scamp. Now, if someone wants to leave me a 17 foot Bigfoot in their will, I'll take it. Anything bigger, I'll sell it.

Sharon
Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #53

Florida
Sharon and Russ,
Of course the Scamp can't get larger and become a Bigfoot however the amount of storage of use able storage can grow.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 01-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #54

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I have a 17 ft EggCamper which worked well for my wife and me when she was alive. Now that I'm alone, it works well but...... I want to see an Escape 19 for just a bit more space and bigger tanks. The tanks on the EggCamper along with the tiny water heater make showering in the trailer not really feasible. Consider how much of the two gallons of hot water would have to be run just to get the hot to the shower head. I'm going to the Quartzsite rally on Feb 7 & 8 and am hoping that at least one of the 5 Escapes that are supposed to be there will be a 19. If I see one and like it, I'll call BC and order one on the spot. If and when I do order one, my EggCamper will immediately become for sale. I'd like to hear from Escape owners.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #55

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bob, I know Dan and Chris will be at Dome Rock with their 19' Escape. I've seen that trailer... very, very nice!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #56

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Arizona Eileen just posted this on the Casita Facebook page. For those interested in European model trailers, I see a lot of things to like!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #57

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Oh Donna I want one!!! How cool! I have the perfect camping spot in mind where i could just back up to the lake and drop the swim grid at the rear down and be all set for the summer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #58

Florida
Pun Intended. Some one stepping out of the mold.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 01-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #59

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
My preference would be my little 13foot Uhaul, customized and updated everywhere!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #60

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Probably a brand new Scamp 19.