Installing a Shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Burro
I am trying to get the Burro ready for spring camping I would like to install the portable shower. My main question is How large of a hot water container do you need to take a shower? What type of shower do you get the colman or something else. Being female I don't want to run out of hot water.
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I use a Zodi water heater and a Paha Que Shower Tent and can recommend both. Dave.
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
I use a Zodi water heater and a Paha Que Shower Tent and can recommend both. Dave.
Dave: In the shower tent how do you handle water run off and do you stand on something other than the removable floor?
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:
Dave: In the shower tent how do you handle water run off and do you stand on something other than the removable floor?
Don, When I wilderness base camp for a week or two, I built a simple cedar floor. For camp grounds I use the optional nylon floor pan that will hold 5 gallons. I just empty it into my blue 5 gal container and dispose of properly. I looked at other brands of tent, the paha que had the best features and best floor system. Both units are available at good discounts from various sources. Dave
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #5

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
We've set up a shower / bath inside our trailer. More privacy and we don't have to drag anything from one place to the next. Similar to a Zodi but without the heater (we boil water first). The water keeps recycling if you want it to so you never really run out, although it does cool quickly. The shower "floor" is an inflatable kiddie pool for babies. Small enough to be effective and stores well when deflated.
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I used the coleman, it seems unbreakable.

I have more than enough water with a couple gallons. You would be amazed how little it takes.

I hang a curtain in the middle of the trailer, put the bottom end in a large rubbermaid tote, and use hot water from the stove. Very easy, no need to over engineer it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote