Installing Rv Level - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #1

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Installing Rv Level

Ok since its getting closer to camping season, Im aware my fridge needs to be pretty level to operate correctly I need to install some levels. Now they sell the stick on/screw o types at walmart/etrailer etc.

Before you can install the levels Im guessing Im gonna need to park my ParkLiner someplace kinda level and try to level it out first with like a carpenter's level then when its level side to side and front to back then install the Rv levels. How many levels do people usually install?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #2

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Depends on the type of level you have. I have a digital one that reads in tenths of a degree. It comes in very handy for things like this. You can park the trailer on the side of a hill, set it in your fridge, zero it, then set the new level to it. No need to level the trailer.

I would have one on each side.

This is what I have, but I only paid $40 for mine used. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CTG49O
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
deryk, I use two of the stick on types and one bullseye on the floor of the refrigerator. The stick ons are mounted under the belly band at the front of the trailer and under the belly band above the wheel curb side.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As Donna mentioned, start out by leveling your trailer to the refrigerator, not the floor. Most refrigerator documentation tell you where to set the level, some want it on the floor, some want it in the freezer section. Then attach your outside levels. I put the left/right level centered on the front, the front to back one on the side, over the axle.

BTW: Size matters, longer level are easier to read and somewhat more accurate.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Ok, thanks. Saturday I will have to check what the fridge manuf instructions say because that is the most important thing to get level...assuming it was level when it was installed lol. Im probably going to have to pull my ParkLiner someplace more level then my parents driveway or the street... off to a parkinglot. Also need a set of those leveling blocks because Im guessing they are alot lighter then pieces of wood.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Location-wise I'd suggest the fore-and-aft one just ahead of the door under the belly band. I can see both bubbles pretty much standing near the crank. Back at the wheel well is a little more walking back and forth. Not that I can't use the excercise...
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
Not that I can't use the excercise...
Me too But, I figured since you level front to back with the tongue jack and left to right at the wheels, that was the best spot to mount them. That's my story... and I'm sticking to it

But in the end, the refrigerator needs to be level. When it's level, it's happy and so am I
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote