Insulation Removal 1973 Boler 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Boler 13' 1973
British Columbia
Insulation Removal 1973 Boler 13'

I took the interior ensolite off with a chisel and mallet. Lots of the black foam is still stuck onto the interior fibreglass. I've tried acetone, laquer thinner, wire brush, razor blade, & grinder to take this foam off . Only the grinder worked, but it also removes a lot of the fibreglass. Anybody know how to get this stuff off?
Glenn_Stephanie_BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Stephanie_BC View Post
I took the interior ensolite off with a chisel and mallet. Lots of the black foam is still stuck onto the interior fibreglass. I've tried acetone, laquer thinner, wire brush, razor blade, & grinder to take this foam off . Only the grinder worked, but it also removes a lot of the fibreglass. Anybody know how to get this stuff off?
I had good success with a wire wheel attachment on a grinder. Please be sure to wear a dust mask, safety glasses, and hearing protection. I used an industrial grinder whith a wire wheel bowl. I not only knocks the hide off the wall, but human skin equally well so caution is advised. You may be able to get away with a wire wheel attachment for a drill, or an automotive buffer. Since I had the industrial grinder and the wire wheel, I used it. I have also found the wire wheel trick effective for removing silicone. At least the clumps. It does leave burnish marks so be forewarned.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler