Insurance Primer for Newbies Needed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Orginally posted by George Cathcart
Big Eddy, AAA does cover trailers with their so-called ''RV-Plus'' which is a higher-priced option. ... Based on the experiences of many members of our local Good Sams chapter, we canned our AAA of 30-some years and switched to Good Sams road service.
Thanks for pointing out AAA's PLUS/RV. I'm not familiar with Good Sams but it's nice to know there are several options. In my case it seemed preferable to stay with one carrier.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:13 AM   #22

Clarify my earlier post

Quote:
Orginally posted by Big Eddy
Thanks for pointing out AAA's PLUS/RV. I'm not familiar with Good Sams but it's nice to know there are several options. In my case it seemed preferable to stay with one carrier.
We did not switch our insurance to Good Sams--just our road service. In our case, another insurance carrier was a better option.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:25 PM   #23

RV Emergency Road Service

I just checked the Good Sam web site.

For $19 you can get a limited list of benifits and the "Opportunity to join Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service from Affinity Road & Travel Club, Inc." :conf

Does anyone know what the RV Emergency Road Service costs?
Thanks

Old 06-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #24

A testimonial for Affinity Road Care

Two weeks ago, my wife had a little trouble getting the Jimmy to start - she turned the key, and nothing happened. I checked it when I got home, and was able to start it. Looked like the starter was going. I'm swamped right now with projects, and the starter in this is a bear to get to, so I made an appointment for Friday morning of that week to have it changed. I drove it ok all day Wednesday and Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon, Jenny couldn't start it again. I got home Thursday night and tried to start it to drive it to the shop. No go. It wouldn't start for anything. I tried pounding on the starter motor and every trick I know, and that dude was dead.

As I sat contemplating how I was going to get it into the shop by morning, Jenny reminded me that we had recently signed up for Affinity's RV Road Care. I called them and asked if my situation was covered. The fellow said sure, it was, and said they'd gladly tow it to the shop where I had an appointment. He was very professional and friendly, and said I'd receive a call in "a few minutes" to tell me when the tow truck would arrive. Eight minutes later I received a call, saying a truck would arrive within 45 minutes. Exactly 45 minutes later, the truck arrived - a flatbed. They loaded the Jimmy up, and within 10 minutes were gone. No hassle what-so-ever.

No sooner did I walk back into the house than the phone rang again - it was Affinity, checking to make sure the truck had arrived and that everything was ok.

I was impressed! A very frustrating evening was averted, and replaced with complete satisfaction. Now, with a new starter installed, we're good to go, and I'll definitely re-up my membership with Affinity for next year!

By the way, I signed up for $69.00. I figure I've already recovered that cost.