interior finish - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Cadet
I AM LOOKING FOR THE VINYL COVERED INSULATION THAT CAME WITH TRILLIUM TRAILERS,AND I THINK ALSO IN THE SCAMP & BOLER TRAILERS AND MAYBE OTHER FIBERGLASS TRAILERS ALSO
THANKS JIM
JIM DUNNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
After initial (but not exhaustive) research, I was not able to find the vinyl coated Ensolite, such as is found on Bolers and early Scamps and Trilliums. The main part of the material is available from places such is IR Specialty Foam, it just does not have the very thin, whitish, vinyly coating on the one side. On the other hand, it is paintable.

If anyone does know of a source for the vinyl-coated Ensolite, I'd love to know about it.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Cadet
THANKS I'll keep looking ,,there must be someone out there that knows something on this subject. I really don't care if its exactly the same as long as it does the same job and easy to apply as I have to do the whole inside of a trillium trailer. Someone has peeled all the ensolite off the interior.
JIM
JIM DUNNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #4

Well the Ensolite from IR Specialty foam would do the same job, as it's the same product. You would just have to paint it to get a light colored finish, since the very thin layer of vinyl is not laminated to the "room" side.

I doubt any of these products would be "easy" to apply, although that's not to say they are super difficult either. But not an afternoon's project.

Raya
Old 05-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #5

Trailer: Tent
Quote:
After initial (but not exhaustive) research, I was not able to find the vinyl coated Ensolite, such as is found on Bolers and early Scamps and Trilliums. The main part of the material is available from places such is IR Specialty Foam, it just does not have the very thin, whitish, vinyly coating on the one side. On the other hand, it is paintable.

If anyone does know of a source for the vinyl-coated Ensolite, I'd love to know about it.

Raya
Does this do the same job?
Ozite (head liner)
Mike
Old 05-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #6

I can't tell for sure which Ozite product that is, but it seems like it would be a textile (more of a fabric). So my guess would be that it would not have much insulative value, and also that it would not have the wipe-clean-ability that Ensolite has (if that is important to the person looking for it). But I'd have to know more about which product it is to say for sure.

Raya