interior LED source needed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Does anyone have a source for wired LED's? i want to replace mine, but the local rv store only has the battery puck kind. thanks for the tips.
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #2

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Try these:

http://autolumination.com/fixtures.htm

I have used some of there stuff with success, and will be getting more.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Try these:

http://autolumination.com/fixtures.htm

I have used some of there stuff with success, and will be getting more.
thanks! did you use the larger ones or the little pucks? i like the little pucks but i wonder if they would be enough light for the kitchen. i know led's are bright though. I have tried to add a pic of the lights i want to replace. i think they are pretty standard low cost set. perhaps the low domes would be better for what i need than the pucks?
Attached Thumbnails
021___Copy_for_boler_site.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
thanks! did you use the larger ones or the little pucks? i like the little pucks but i wonder if they would be enough light for the kitchen. i know led's are bright though. I have tried to add a pic of the lights i want to replace. i think they are pretty standard low cost set. perhaps the low domes would be better for what i need than the pucks?
Hi Cyndi - I'm not very helpful when it comes to lighting, however, I just wanted to tell you I love the colour you painted the interior of your trailer. Did you use that colour to match the outside, or did you also just love the colour?

Judy
Judy Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Hi Cyndi - I'm not very helpful when it comes to lighting, however, I just wanted to tell you I love the colour you painted the interior of your trailer. Did you use that colour to match the outside, or did you also just love the colour?

Judy
thanks. I didn't paint it, the entire interior was molded yellow fiberglass like the outside. It has grown on me. At first i hated it b/c it was way too much. I covered the floor in cork and that toned it down a lot so now it is not so overpowering. I like the yellow, i've been told people recognize me on the highway b/c there arent that many 'egg yolk yellow' ones. (that's what craig calls it)
Old 07-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1978
Quote:
Does anyone have a source for wired LED's? i want to replace mine, but the local rv store only has the battery puck kind. thanks for the tips.
swego.com Look at the Cabin lights. They have one model that is plastic with an on board on/off switch. I have them and they are fabulous!
Carolyn Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hi Cyndi, First a little info about L.E.D.'s. There are basicly 2 types of L.E.D. Modules to choose from - Narrow Beam & Wide Beam. Narrow Beam will give you the most light output but cover a smaller surface area so you have to use more 'Units.' Wide Beams will cover more area but won't put out as much brightness. It is best to determine what your needs are first, either ambient lighting or task lighting. You can often get Pucks at Wal-Mart that run off their own battery &/or wired. They are just a simple Peel & Stick application. If I remember correctly a pkg. of 3 Pucks was about $12.00. I have wired neon type L.E.D. lighting which is flexible & can be used for under counter or perimeter lighting applications. The light output is pretty good & available in various colours although in my opinion it isn't suitable for task lighting. For a few dollars the Wal-Mart variety may be worth a shot./Glen
BC Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
autolumination, as posted above, has a durable and inexpensive product line.

Recent thread all about them
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...ER#1142-PCB-W36

I liked the 3rd one down (the warm ones are more like the original bulbs, while the 'cool' ones are more like florescent lights).
genebland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
autolumination, as posted above, has a durable and inexpensive product line.

Recent thread all about them
some one sent me their link and i had to choose between theirs and the one i eventually chose. after ready your older post i realized i could have got the ones that had a switch for 1/2 price I guess live and learn, that's what i get for my impatience.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Hi Cyndi, First a little info about L.E.D.'s. There are basicly 2 types of L.E.D. Modules to choose from - Narrow Beam & Wide Beam. Narrow Beam will give you the most light output but cover a smaller surface area so you have to use more 'Units.' Wide Beams will cover more area but won't put out as much brightness. It is best to determine what your needs are first, either ambient lighting or task lighting. You can often get Pucks at Wal-Mart that run off their own battery &/or wired. They are just a simple Peel & Stick application. If I remember correctly a pkg. of 3 Pucks was about $12.00. I have wired neon type L.E.D. lighting which is flexible & can be used for under counter or perimeter lighting applications. The light output is pretty good & available in various colours although in my opinion it isn't suitable for task lighting. For a few dollars the Wal-Mart variety may be worth a shot./Glen
thanks. i ordered some. i hope they work out. I never thought of wall mart. I hope they are not ultra bright like a florescent.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
swego.com Look at the Cabin lights. They have one model that is plastic with an on board on/off switch. I have them and they are fabulous!
what a great site. I didnt see 'cabin' lights though. is that the name or the type? am i blind? thanks i'd like one of the mini reading lights.

Tags
led lights, lighting