interior lining - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1300
i recently purchased a boler 1300 ($50.00 canada) that is in need of major renovations. i am looking for some good ideas for the interior wall lining, it needs replacing. any good ideas??
dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
i recently purchased a boler 1300 ($50.00 canada) that is in need of major renovations. i am looking for some good ideas for the interior wall lining, it needs replacing. any good ideas??
At $50 you stole it
For new stuff on the inside I would contact Team Trillium and see if they would sell you some of there liner.I know one of our members Herb P used it in his 17FT Boler.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Replacing it, you're looking at a lot of work. If this is the Ensolite, we have a couple of vendors listed in the Helpful-Links: Ensolite.

You may also want to search the archives for cleaning and painting the interior (ensolite), lots of info available.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
Replacing it, you're looking at a lot of work. If this is the Ensolite, we have a couple of vendors listed in the Helpful-Links: Ensolite.

You may also want to search the archives for cleaning and painting the interior (ensolite), lots of info available.
Just a comment on the Ensolite seller in STL. They do make it and will sell it to non-distributors, but have a 500 yard minimum. Wonder how many eggs that would do?

Bonnie
Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I'm wondering why you feel it needs replacing? Care to explain? There might be a simpler fix...
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1300
My Boler was found sitting in a field in Alberta. It was there without any windows for about 4 years. the lining is torn in many places and there is alot of moisture in behind the lining below the front and rear windows. worrying about mold and such, i figure the best thing to do would be to get rid of that old lining. also, kids have painted it pink!
dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
My Boler was found sitting in a field in Alberta. It was there without any windows for about 4 years. the lining is torn in many places and there is alot of moisture in behind the lining below the front and rear windows. worrying about mold and such, i figure the best thing to do would be to get rid of that old lining. also, kids have painted it pink!
Sight unseen, I don't know what exactly you are dealing with. Can you post some pictures? A lot of people have been able to overcome problems with mold and ensolite. You can do a search here for both. There are many techniques people have used. Having only reglued sections of the ensolite I can't imagine cutting and glueing new from scratch.

Here is a link to our Boler that had a hole in the roof and was left in a wooded area for about 10 years. It had mold, the ensolite was fallling down and the seam tape was in rough shape. Although we have not quite finished it yet, the ensolite is almost ready for painting. We plan on getting that finished in the next couple of weeks. I hope to be able to post more pictures after then.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Just a comment on the Ensolite seller in STL. They do make it and will sell it to non-distributors, but have a 500 yard minimum. Wonder how many eggs that would do?

Bonnie
That's interesting. I guess it's a bit like the Trim-Lok manufacturer. When contacting them, the question to ask is if they have a distributor in "your" area.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #9

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
That's interesting. I guess it's a bit like the Trim-Lok manufacturer. When contacting them, the question to ask is if they have a distributor in "your" area.

They kindly gave me a website, off hand I can't remember it, but there was no one 'local'

Bonnie