Interior Lining ideas? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
See you!

How's it goin'?
So- Gotta a question...as you know we are working on restoring the CJ and we were wondering if you have any ideas for lining the interior with some sort of insulation material?
We had to tear out the old padded quilted vinyl stuff due to mold. We have some ideas for textured paint and adding color, but we are wondering about adding insulation to the inside.

IDEAS?

p.s- the thread on paint jobs is AWESOME!
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Mine is lined with some stuff that Gina thought was similar to or is the fuzzy felt type stuff they use on speakers. The trouble is, it is black. But it is a nice material- feels nice, and doesn't seem to attract corgi fur (a key requirement.) It looks as if it was cut and glued into place.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
You might consider the "rat fur"(Scamp calls it "headliner") and insulation that Scamp uses. Take a look at some of the Scamps when you come to Champoeg next month.

I think it works great. The rat fur is a marine fabric designed to not rot or mildew. Seems to clean easily, that along with the insulation Scamp uses keeps us nice and toasty inside. Two weeks ago l had the windows and vents open and two people inside. I checked the outside temperature 50°F, Inside temperature 62°F. That was when we woke up and the furnace was off.

If you want to drive to the wet side this week-end we'll be a Marion Forks and you can see what I'm talking about. Let me know via PM if you're coming so I can give you a bit more information.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Mine has a padded vinyl covering that has good insulation and the added benefit of being really easy to clean.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #5

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
While I'm actually quite fond of the ensolite material used in the old eggs - automotive headliner material is pretty nice too.

Someone here posted this LINK some time ago to a place that sells both the fabric type and vinyl type headliners. I would think that either the automotive headliners (cloth or vinyl) or the marine hulliner material would work well.

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #6

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Mike,

Thank you. I think I may have found a lining material for part of the Play Pak.