Interlux goof-up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Help, what's up with my Interlux. I finally find this renowned paint. Sand my fibreglass table, and painted it today. Now, as it is drying, there is an area about 6 inches around, that looks like it has crinkled tissue paper underneath. Where did I go wrong!! Thanks
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
Help, what's up with my Interlux. I finally find this renowned paint. Sand my fibreglass table, and painted it today. Now, as it is drying, there is an area about 6 inches around, that looks like it has crinkled tissue paper underneath. Where did I go wrong!! Thanks
Incompatible paint or primer underneath. I've gotten that with Tremclad vs. another spray paint... What's happened is the solvent in the Interlux dissolved something that you painted on top of... This could also have happened if you used Varsol (paint thinner) to clean the area before you painted and the varsol wasn't completely evaporated... (varsol isn't right for this anyway, since it leaves a residual film).

Your only option at this point is to sand it all off and start again.
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Along the line of what Herb said, I'm guessing that the previous owner may have used some paint to touch up an area. I don't think all is lost, though. Wait'll it completely dries then you can sand it out and redo it. If you can get in touch with Interlux, they may be able to give you further guidance.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote