Is Parkliner still in business? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #15

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Does anyone know if Tom Bass is still there? He started there about a year ago and had gotten things running pretty smoothly and was good at responding to emails and voice mail.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #16

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I love my Parkliner, but cannot say the same about the company.

We bought our egg used, and had no idea it had been in a minor accident. Parkliner knew and never told us till we dragged the trailer down there last year for a number of upgrades (that's a story in and of itself). Suffice it to say management lied to us about what they would do when we got it there, what they did do was quick and dirty. When I showed up Friday to get the trailer and go home, no management was there - I was told to call the owner, as he was home babysitting (or some such thing). He was very disrespectful. It was NOT a good experience.

Nevertheless, we love our Parkliner. 6'4" ceiling height, queen size bed and a toilet all in a lightweight good looking package. We've dealt with a number of problems from the minor accident it was in, and continue to personalize it as our long term egg!

Best of luck to you!

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
Old 05-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Does anyone know if Tom Bass is still there? He started there about a year ago and had gotten things running pretty smoothly and was good at responding to emails and voice mail.
I cut off all communication with Mr. Bass after our experience with him last year, so I have no clue. A very smooth talker that fellow.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #18

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
It's good to hear from a truthful owner and the facts. But to me, it seems (or seemed) like a really nice trailer and even from you. It's just a shame they dont care for their customers. IF they're not out, I would say they're well on their way...unless there's a DRASTIC turn-around with the owners.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
We still love our ParkLiner and still hate the company. I gave up trying to communicate with them about a year ago. Some time last fall or early winter I received a DVD "Owners Manual" from them which is next to useless. I believe there was also a letter stating that they were going to be hosting a ParkLiner rally near Gibsonville sometime this spring. That was the last I ever heard of that. It was supposed to coincide with the 100th unit coming out the door.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #20

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I believe that Tom has backed away from the company a fair amount, said he would assist the people that he worked with during the time he was involved and helping Chandler get the trailers out in a timely manner. Tom had talked to me about the rally and I had agreed to be in charge of organizing it but I have tried to talk to Chandler about the contact information for Parkliner owners and have had no luck. I would love to have a rally and meet everyone. If there is interest I will be glad to try to contact as many owners as possible…..
Old 05-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #21

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
I am a happy Parkliner owner. After reading the original post I managed to reach Chandler, who owns the business. He reported that last year was the best ever, but he has reduced production to keep quality high and make sure the company stays in the black. He admitted being hard to reach with phone calls from potential suppliers and potential customers being a little overwhelming. At this point, he is looking for a business-side partner, so he can focus on the engineering, QA, and design. If you're interested, production is 3 months out, and the best way to contact him is via email: chandler@parkliner.com.

It's a great trailer, but it's not an established company. That's the risk, which I'm quite frankly comfortable with. (Yikes, trailing preposition!). Feel free to PM me.

Also talked to Tom. He is no longer affiliated, but still loves his trailer.
-- Anne
Old 05-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #22

Name: Pat
Michigan
Anne, I am so glad to hear that, I think the Parkliner is such a wonderful trailer and would hate to see them go out of business. Thanks so much for the update…..
Old 05-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
In business, you can have great quality, great price, and great service. Pick any two. You can't have all three. Parkliner has sacrificed service for the other two. I think that they will do fine.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #24

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
North Carolina
Registry
Wow, thank you everyone. Especially Anne. I'm so glad they're still in business. But I can see why potential customers took their business elsewhere. I'll have to think about this.........do I want to involve myself with this kind of company? Hmmmm.

BTW, this is the greatest website! Everyone is sooooo helpful!
Old 05-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #25

Name: Patrick
Montana
I was in Gibsonville on April 27. No lights on at Parkliner. Nobody working. One 2012 model on site for sale for 15k. Tried to contact Chandler for three months prior to put an order in or flat out buy one. No answers. Ended up going to Lake Wales to buy Tim and Ritas old Parkliner. Towed her back to Montana.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
In business, you can have great quality, great price, and great service. Pick any two. You can't have all three. Parkliner has sacrificed service for the other two. I think that they will do fine.
David I would love to hear you try and sell that to a room full of MBA grads!

The fact the company can't even afford to pay someone min. wage to answer their phones, emails and maintain their web presents says a lot about just how well they are not doing.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #27
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Registry
All
I'm currently at Bryce Canyon so my access to this thread will be quite limited for awhile but I wanted to throw in what I know....
A bit ago I talked withTom Bass and then Chandler called for a follow up discussion. No one said it was confidential so I have been contacting PL owners I knew with these details, forgive me it it has already been posted.
During peek production last year a deal Tom had been putting together with a larger manufacturer was coming to a close which would of course diminish Chandlers interaction with the company. At the 11th hour Chandler backed out. He just could not let go. Frustrated Tom walked away from the company but remains on speaking terms with Chandler. Tom stated that all who purchased a unit during his time at PL he would assist in dealings with the company.
I know many will doubt that last point but In my dealings Tom was truthful.
Chandler stated he has cut a deal with a boat manufacturer and that is where the molds are. They will produce the shells, Chandler and an employee will finish them out. Production will go from one a week down to about one a month.
That's about it. I'm sure communication will not improve. All I can say is I still love mine. My dealings with PL even involve a third party inspection I requested when Frank was going thru his issues with wheel wells. I stated my concern and Chandler told me my model had the enlarged wells but if I wanted he would pay for any Third party inspection.I did and he did. The shop even commented on the quality of the construction. The inspector offered to buy it if I ever wanted to sell!
I still have no regrets it is everything Vic and I hoped it would be!
Sid
Old 05-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #28

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
All
I'm currently at Bryce Canyon....

I know many will doubt that last point but In my dealings Tom was truthful.
Couple of things Sid. First, whenever I hear of Bryce Canyon, I think of Edward Abbey.

Thanks for the update on Parkliner. Very interesting. Contracting out the 'glass work will increase Chandler's costs per unit. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Or doesn't.

I wish I had not deleted all my emails with Tom, as he quite clearly lied to me about what was going to get taken care of if I could just get our Parkliner to the plant. The little bit of work they actually did (moving the batteries) was done very poorly, and seemd like a rush job when they had a whole week to do all this stuff Tom said they would do with our egg. That is the last I ever communicated with either Tom or Chandler.

Oh well. We do love our egg, that's the funny thing!

Enjoy Bryce Canyon Sid. I'm envious!

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner