Is Parkliner still in business? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #61

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Looking back in the Parkliner posts you will see a number of issues with wheel wells and battery placements and a few other warrantee issues that owners had a lot of difficulty getting corrected and/or the corrections were less than promised. And that's not to mention the buyers that posted deposits and had delivery dates put off repeatedly, often at the last minute. And then there is the issue with no communications with anyone, sometimes for months at a time, all of which indicates that buyers didn't get what they were paying for.

I'm not knocking the Parkliner Trailer itself, the issue is with the management and the history they have had with some of the Parkliner owners on this forum.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #62

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Repitition is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Looking back in the Parkliner posts you will see a number of issues with wheel wells and battery placements and a few other warrantee issues that owners had a lot of difficulty getting corrected and/or the corrections were less than promised. And that's not to mention the buyers that posted deposits and had delivery dates put off repeatedly, often at the last minute. And then there is the issue with no communications with anyone, sometimes for months at a time, all of which indicates that buyers didn't get what they were paying for.

I'm not knocking the Parkliner Trailer itself, the issue is with the management and the history they have had with some of the Parkliner owners on this forum.
Thanks Bob.. for your 6th post mentioning Parkliner's problems in this thread.

Yes I'm expecting punishment.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #63

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Actually that was just an answer to a question that was asked of me pertaining to an example in an ongoing discussion.

But you do know that Parkliner, overweight towing and overage tires are always topics that will get my attention.

But it was a welcome change to hear such a nice positive comment about Parkliner, just as we don't really know what they are doing as a company.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #64

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
The posts that I saw where people had their timeline pushed out were still delighted with their Parkliner when they received them. The battery and wheel well problem has been fixed for sometime so that is rather like beating a dead horse. Don't make it sound like people were cheated. Chandler and company may not be as good at running the business as they could be but I'm pretty sure I have never seen any Parkliner owner say they felt that they didn't get their money's worth, and I'm pretty sure most of us would buy our trailers all over again.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:40 PM   #65

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
The posts that I saw where people had their timeline pushed out were still delighted with their Parkliner when they received them. The battery and wheel well problem has been fixed for sometime so that is rather like beating a dead horse. Don't make it sound like people were cheated. Chandler and company may not be as good at running the business as they could be but I'm pretty sure I have never seen any Parkliner owner say they felt that they didn't get their money's worth, and I'm pretty sure most of us would buy our trailers all over again.
I agree 100% I got the 3rd ParkLiner 003, and didn't have wheel well issues because of the axle that the early model's had. I did have to go down too them to get the battery box mod taken care of but while there they made some improvements like the water heater bypass, added drain valves, cleaned up the cabinet that the batteries used to be in for additional storage. I was ok with what I had done, and have had no complaints except little things that become mods like adding some dividers between the doors to hold stuff in place so they don't slide around...there is a nice fall sunday project lol.

The only person that I have really heard have any series complaints with them is Frank but his situation is also different. Everyone else when all was said and done had no complaints.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #66

Name: Sandra
Trailer: ParkLiner #000
North Carolina
FYI - On my PL (#000), Chandler just finished fixing a leak in the grey tank. This was on Monday, May 11. Chandler asked me to bring the PL back for him to replace the door sweep and install a drain valve. Fortunately, my workplace is in Gibsonville, so for me, it's quite convenient.

Yes, Chandler is difficult to catch, but he will be the first person to say so. He has a nice iPhone, but I don't think he likes it very much.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:38 AM   #67

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Wish they would have done the stuff they told me they would do. I live near Albany NY, all my dealings with them last year cost 1000's of dollars for not much. I was just fed a line by Tom Bass, and fully disrespected by the owner. That money could have gone for solar collectors, a powered tongue jack, stuff like that. But nope, I just got suckered.

We love our Parkliner, just not the company that made it!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 05-16-2015, 06:41 AM   #68

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I just happened to pop in this morning to see the talk about Parkliner. Its too bad that this sort of thing has to happen to a fiberglass trailer company, whether you like the trailer or not. I happened to really like our trailer and was treated great any time I dropped by Parkliner on the way down to Fla. I enjoyed talking with Chandler, but we didn't always agree on things. Too bad the customer service wasn't good for many, as it can really hurt a company. I'm sure those that have a Parkliner trailer will still really enjoy it. We haven't had our Parkliner in a while, but I can see someday we will probably get another fiberglass trailer.( I guess its in our blood.) I have had several different makes, and have enjoyed every one.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #69

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I just happened to pop in this morning to see the talk about Parkliner. Its too bad that this sort of thing has to happen to a fiberglass trailer company, whether you like the trailer or not. I happened to really like our trailer and was treated great any time I dropped by Parkliner on the way down to Fla. I enjoyed talking with Chandler, but we didn't always agree on things. Too bad the customer service wasn't good for many, as it can really hurt a company. I'm sure those that have a Parkliner trailer will still really enjoy it. We haven't had our Parkliner in a while, but I can see someday we will probably get another fiberglass trailer.( I guess its in our blood.) I have had several different makes, and have enjoyed every one.
They treated me like crap Tim, and I was one of their greatest supporters. From my experience, they don't give a hoot.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 05-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #70

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Frank, I know you didn't have a good experience with them. If they had good customer service, it probably would have never happened.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #71

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
For what it's worth: I purchased a 2014 PL just a couple months ago. Loved it so much--solid quality and all systems worked well. Tom Bass offered to help me purchase items I needed to upgrade the camper and I found him to be a wealth of information; generous and knowledgeable. The only reason I sold the camper was due to husband's current health issues which will keep us home for the time being. I would purchase the trailer again as I found it to be excellent quality at a reasonable price.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #72

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
There is the good and the bad in life, sometimes they come together. One needs to be careful not to spend the future focusing on the bad, after awhile it prevents the good.

Sometimes people carry forward hurts from others, never allowing an improving relationship.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #73

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
There is the good and the bad in life, sometimes they come together. One needs to be careful not to spend the future focusing on the bad, after awhile it prevents the good.

Sometimes people carry forward hurts from others, never allowing an improving relationship.
LOL true but keep in mind in most relationships someone needs to acknowledge the hurts and avoid hurting again.

As it relates to this thread and the story of Parkliner and lack of customer service and the hurt it has caused themselves, as well as many of their customers, one only has to reading POST #1, #14 and #25 to see that the hurt continues and is not as yet in the past.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #74

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
..."as well as many of their customers" is a generalization that is an unfair and unfounded claim. I am wondering why there seems to be a need to continue the negative rhetoric about this company? Were you personally or financially harmed in any way by this company? There appears to be mostly positive comments about this product, including my own appreciation for it. It almost appears there is some sort of personal vendetta going on from the last post and there is nothing productive or helpful in that.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #75

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
It is because some people can't help themselves from being troll's and keep bringing up the same thing every time...again, and again, and again.

You said it once to get your opinion across, you are free to do that. But get a life and go do something else...most of us, and not all are ParkLiner owner's are tired of your constant negativity about ParkLiner. Is it time to get a moderator to silence your spam?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #76

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
This thread came up again because a member tried to reach Parkliner by phone and web and couldn't, so asked the legitimate question, "is Parkliner still in business".
Interesting that nobody has actually posted evidence that it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner