Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #57

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If you have an inside line on one of these trailers, let the general membership know of it, and it will become hot ticket item.

Generally, the old adage of "You get what you pay for", for the most part, is quite true.
Post# 42 ....and it is still the hottest ticket as it has been for decades.

Value can measured as ROCE "return on capital employed".
That can almost be measured objectively, but not quite.
The criteria heretofore espoused is purely subjective and even after 11 years I expect my travel trailer to deliver many more years of all the satisfying comforts of home in a manageable sized package.
The reliability and manufacturer's support are already proven qualities which have exceeded expectations.
I got what I paid for and more... and have seen no other product which could deliver a better value by any reasonable definition.
Every additional dollar spent would have been wasted, putting the lie to the aforementioned old adage.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #58

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I got what I paid for and more... and have seen no other product which could deliver a better value by any reasonable definition.
Well said Floyd. There are no winners or losers in this contest. If what you tow suits you and your needs, then life is good. Expecting to convince the whole world that they would be better off, had they purchased something else, won't convince them - it only feeds your inferiority complex. Go camping! Have fun! Make some memories!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #59

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Get What You Pay For????? NOT???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If you have an inside line on one of these trailers, let the general membership know of it, and it will become hot ticket item.

Generally, the old adage of "You get what you pay for", for the most part, is quite true.
Except as in the case of a number of Parkliner buyers that didn't get what they paid for, nor did they get remedy or follow-up when they needed warranty repairs.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #60

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Bob Miller, I have never heard of any new Parkliner buyers that didn't get what they paid for, perhaps you could elaborate. I, for one, am so happy that I have my Parkliner. Whether they stay in business or not I feel like my little camper is a gem and I am so lucky to have her. I hope Chandler gets his act together and gets this company on the right road because this trailer is wonderful and I would love to see more people have the opportunity to own one.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #61

California
Looking back in the Parkliner posts you will see a number of issues with wheel wells and battery placements and a few other warrantee issues that owners had a lot of difficulty getting corrected and/or the corrections were less than promised. And that's not to mention the buyers that posted deposits and had delivery dates put off repeatedly, often at the last minute. And then there is the issue with no communications with anyone, sometimes for months at a time, all of which indicates that buyers didn't get what they were paying for.

I'm not knocking the Parkliner Trailer itself, the issue is with the management and the history they have had with some of the Parkliner owners on this forum.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #62

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Repitition is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Looking back in the Parkliner posts you will see a number of issues with wheel wells and battery placements and a few other warrantee issues that owners had a lot of difficulty getting corrected and/or the corrections were less than promised. And that's not to mention the buyers that posted deposits and had delivery dates put off repeatedly, often at the last minute. And then there is the issue with no communications with anyone, sometimes for months at a time, all of which indicates that buyers didn't get what they were paying for.

I'm not knocking the Parkliner Trailer itself, the issue is with the management and the history they have had with some of the Parkliner owners on this forum.
Thanks Bob.. for your 6th post mentioning Parkliner's problems in this thread.

Yes I'm expecting punishment.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #63

California
Actually that was just an answer to a question that was asked of me pertaining to an example in an ongoing discussion.

But you do know that Parkliner, overweight towing and overage tires are always topics that will get my attention.

But it was a welcome change to hear such a nice positive comment about Parkliner, just as we don't really know what they are doing as a company.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #64

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
The posts that I saw where people had their timeline pushed out were still delighted with their Parkliner when they received them. The battery and wheel well problem has been fixed for sometime so that is rather like beating a dead horse. Don't make it sound like people were cheated. Chandler and company may not be as good at running the business as they could be but I'm pretty sure I have never seen any Parkliner owner say they felt that they didn't get their money's worth, and I'm pretty sure most of us would buy our trailers all over again.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #65

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
The posts that I saw where people had their timeline pushed out were still delighted with their Parkliner when they received them. The battery and wheel well problem has been fixed for sometime so that is rather like beating a dead horse. Don't make it sound like people were cheated. Chandler and company may not be as good at running the business as they could be but I'm pretty sure I have never seen any Parkliner owner say they felt that they didn't get their money's worth, and I'm pretty sure most of us would buy our trailers all over again.
I agree 100% I got the 3rd ParkLiner 003, and didn't have wheel well issues because of the axle that the early model's had. I did have to go down too them to get the battery box mod taken care of but while there they made some improvements like the water heater bypass, added drain valves, cleaned up the cabinet that the batteries used to be in for additional storage. I was ok with what I had done, and have had no complaints except little things that become mods like adding some dividers between the doors to hold stuff in place so they don't slide around...there is a nice fall sunday project lol.

The only person that I have really heard have any series complaints with them is Frank but his situation is also different. Everyone else when all was said and done had no complaints.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #66

Name: Sandra
Trailer: ParkLiner #000
North Carolina
FYI - On my PL (#000), Chandler just finished fixing a leak in the grey tank. This was on Monday, May 11. Chandler asked me to bring the PL back for him to replace the door sweep and install a drain valve. Fortunately, my workplace is in Gibsonville, so for me, it's quite convenient.

Yes, Chandler is difficult to catch, but he will be the first person to say so. He has a nice iPhone, but I don't think he likes it very much.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #67

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Wish they would have done the stuff they told me they would do. I live near Albany NY, all my dealings with them last year cost 1000's of dollars for not much. I was just fed a line by Tom Bass, and fully disrespected by the owner. That money could have gone for solar collectors, a powered tongue jack, stuff like that. But nope, I just got suckered.

We love our Parkliner, just not the company that made it!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
Old 05-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #68

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
I just happened to pop in this morning to see the talk about Parkliner. Its too bad that this sort of thing has to happen to a fiberglass trailer company, whether you like the trailer or not. I happened to really like our trailer and was treated great any time I dropped by Parkliner on the way down to Fla. I enjoyed talking with Chandler, but we didn't always agree on things. Too bad the customer service wasn't good for many, as it can really hurt a company. I'm sure those that have a Parkliner trailer will still really enjoy it. We haven't had our Parkliner in a while, but I can see someday we will probably get another fiberglass trailer.( I guess its in our blood.) I have had several different makes, and have enjoyed every one.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #69

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I just happened to pop in this morning to see the talk about Parkliner. Its too bad that this sort of thing has to happen to a fiberglass trailer company, whether you like the trailer or not. I happened to really like our trailer and was treated great any time I dropped by Parkliner on the way down to Fla. I enjoyed talking with Chandler, but we didn't always agree on things. Too bad the customer service wasn't good for many, as it can really hurt a company. I'm sure those that have a Parkliner trailer will still really enjoy it. We haven't had our Parkliner in a while, but I can see someday we will probably get another fiberglass trailer.( I guess its in our blood.) I have had several different makes, and have enjoyed every one.
They treated me like crap Tim, and I was one of their greatest supporters. From my experience, they don't give a hoot.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
Old 05-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #70

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Frank, I know you didn't have a good experience with them. If they had good customer service, it probably would have never happened.

Tags
parkliner