Jalousie window repair in the Vancouver, BC area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300 & 1976 SurfSide TM-14
British Columbia
Registry
Jalousie window repair in the Vancouver, BC area

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a 1975 13' Boler that's a bit of a project. It has a relatively new frame and axel and that's why I bought it, but there are a few other big projects that need to be looked after before I can really take it out and camp comfortably (right now it's basically a tent on wheels). One is the wiring, which has been augmented many times over the years and is now unsafe, but I have someone scheduled to work on that for me. What I'm having a hard time with is finding someone to rebuild/repair one of the jalousie windows. I've looked at YouTube videos with the original idea being that I would do it myself. But I'm terrified I'll get it all apart and then not be able to get it back together again. But I can't find anyone in my area to rebuild it. So for now I've just got it covered with plastic. I live in the Vancouver, BC area. Does anyone know of any people or businesses in this area that work on jalousie windows? I've called a bunch of glass places and no one does them. I've had a tepid response from a couple of RV repair places and they said they'd take a look but no guarantees. I'd really like to find someone who's familiar with them. Any ideas? I'd go as far as the Okanagan or Seattle as I could turn it into a camping trip at the same time. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 11.33.21 PM.jpg  
Blue Bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Re-Blue Bertha

Check out a Glass Shop such as down in behind KMS tools and across Street from ICBC there is glass shop, don't take trailer in just go in and talk to them and see if they can do it. There is another place on Broadway between Mary hill By-Pass and Kingsway there is a RV shop repair I think it is called West Coast RV go in and talk to them I have seen them working on Molded Trailers for folks many times. If you turn up from Mary Hill - By Pass You come to a light and irght there you turn left and you will see all the RV's best to go around the front door. Boss's name is "B"
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #3

Name: Amber
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300 & 1976 SurfSide TM-14
British Columbia
Registry
Thank you! I'll check those out!
Blue Bertha is offline   Reply With Quote