Just saw 2014 Trillium 13 ft - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
I wonder that happened to the new Florence, Arizona plant, Is it closed already?

About Us | Trillium RV
__________________

__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Not so sure about that Raz, Tom had a lot of different places make the Trilliums for him (including Escape for a short time) since he split off from the Trillium Group in Canada, (now known as Trillium Outback). But even though the US Trilliums (Toms company) where being built by 3rd parties they always had Trillium name and logos on them and no mention of the 3rd party who made them.... which makes me think in 2014 things have changed big time in regards to Tom's ownership/involvement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
It was me who posted in August on trilliums new venture . I spoke with Tom Young at bolerama rally were he spoke of his new plans .he had just dropped off a load of trailers in Manitoba were he seems to have a joint venture with great west vans . He said he will mostly be involved in sales rather than manufacturing. He also said they plan to sell them on rv lots . Great west vans should make a real good quality product and hopefully a good price point
Perhaps you are correct but the term "joint venture" was also used with Trillium-Escape and Trillium-Mattman.

Looking at the Trillium 1300 made in California ( like mine) you will notice a hollowing on both sides of the door at the bottom. I was told by an owner of a '73 Trillium that that corrects a door sealing issue. The 13' Side Kick has the same hollow. This leads me to believe their molds originated from the same molds mine was made from. Might even be the same molds?? Raz
Attached Thumbnails
image-313640706.jpg   image-3861176085.jpg  

__________________

__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Perhaps you are correct but the term "joint venture" was also used with Trillium-Escape and Trillium-Mattman.

Looking at the Trillium 1300 made in California ( like mine) you will notice a hollowing on both sides of the door at the bottom. I was told by an owner of a '73 Trillium that that corrects a door sealing issue. The 13' Side Kick has the same hollow. This leads me to believe their molds originated from the same molds mine was made from. Might even be the same molds?? Raz
Raz, I would be surprised if they were not the same molds being used. I think the question is - who really owns the rights to the Trillium molds and name in the US now?

Wasnt it just a year or so ago that someone mentioned here that Tom had his own plant up in running someplace in Souther Cal or Arizona? What happened to that? and why do the 2014 say by Great West and no mention of Trillium if its simple a joint venture .... all a little odd.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
BillE's Avatar
 
Name: Bill
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13 Deluxe Birch w/front dinette
Wisconsin
Posts: 347
Registry
Side Kick $16,685 is a Ledgend package

The price is for a legend package.
__________________
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
marianb's Avatar
 
Name: marian
Trailer: Concerned Trillium Owner
California
Posts: 14
Unhappy regarding 2014 Trillium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE View Post
I was coming back from the Scamp factory after getting some work done on my 2011- 13 ft and stopped at an Lake Region RV in Ramsey MN.

I was talking to Sandy about these and she told me Great West Vans has bought Trillium and is making a 13.5 and a 15.5 foot version. Great quality and nice looking trailers.

2014 TRILLUM

The call them a SideKick. I was thinking about seeing what a trade in would be but the price is pretty steep on these.
My husband and I bought a 2014 13 foot Trillium in Pleasanton July 2013 The first time we plugged into an outlet, we discovered the wiring wasn't completely hooked up. Took it back to the dealer so he could finish what probably should have been done at the factory. We were told it had been all checked out and was ready to go. Took it home and went to fill up the holding tank and the hoses blew off and sprayed water all over the inside of the trailer. Clamps were not tightened down. There are slight cracks around the door jam we were told were common in all Trilliums. We had only taken it on one trip, an overnighter about 80 miles from home in August. Last weekend we took it to Ben Lomond. Discovered the thermostat to the heater wasn't working. Made mental note to call dealer again. On the way home on highway 17, doing 55 around a turn, a wheel flew off the trailer and went across the meridian into oncoming traffic. Luckily, we were able to get safely to a turnout. Then discovered the lugnuts on the other tire were only finger tight which I'm sure was the cause of this tire flying off. Going thru insurance issues right now. The dealer is promising to "make it right." We are still waiting for the spare tire holder we were promised in July. Every other week we get another story about why it isn't here yet. At this point, I strongly urge you to run as far and fast as you can away from the 2014 Trillium. If there is anyone out there who has any nice things to say about a Trillium, please share. I want so badly to be able to feel safe using this trailer again as we paid a ton for it and we're stuck with it. marianb
__________________
marianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
marianb's Avatar
 
Name: marian
Trailer: Concerned Trillium Owner
California
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianb View Post
My husband and I bought a 2014 13 foot Trillium in Pleasanton July 2013 The first time we plugged into an outlet, we discovered the wiring wasn't completely hooked up. Took it back to the dealer so he could finish what probably should have been done at the factory. We were told it had been all checked out and was ready to go. Took it home and went to fill up the holding tank and the hoses blew off and sprayed water all over the inside of the trailer. Clamps were not tightened down. There are slight cracks around the door jam we were told were common in all Trilliums. We had only taken it on one trip, an overnighter about 80 miles from home in August. Last weekend we took it to Ben Lomond. Discovered the thermostat to the heater wasn't working. Made mental note to call dealer again. On the way home on highway 17, doing 55 around a turn, a wheel flew off the trailer and went across the meridian into oncoming traffic. Luckily, we were able to get safely to a turnout. Then discovered the lugnuts on the other tire were only finger tight which I'm sure was the cause of this tire flying off. Going thru insurance issues right now. The dealer is promising to "make it right." We are still waiting for the spare tire holder we were promised in July. Every other week we get another story about why it isn't here yet. At this point, I strongly urge you to run as far and fast as you can away from the 2014 Trillium. If there is anyone out there who has any nice things to say about a Trillium, please share. I want so badly to be able to feel safe using this trailer again as we paid a ton for it and we're stuck with it. marianb
Thought I should mention we haven't heard of anyone being injured by the tire on the oncoming side. Our drum and undercarriage to the trailer are damaged as it slid on the bottom of the trailer til we could get it to a stop. I would have never thought to check the lugnuts on a trailer that has gone less than 200 miles.
__________________
marianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Posts: 445
Last year we visited the trailer show here in London Ontaio Can. They had a new 2012 Trillium from CALIFORNIA, LOADED WITH LOST OF EXTRAS, PRICE TAG $19900.00.
wow!!!!
__________________
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Posts: 2,730
Sighting

Saw a 13 ft and a 15 ft on a flat bed truck on I-35 earlier this week in St Paul ,Minnesota " Sidekick by Great West "
__________________
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Name: Brandy
Trailer: Forest River
South Carolina
Posts: 2
Obsessed with Trillium

We love the new Trillium 1300 bunk model! They have beautiful interior - dark modern wood floors, stainless fridge, modern flat stove/sink area. The ones in MN don't have a bunk but it looks like the front dinette would easily be retrofittable. Great West Vans was responding to my emails but then disappeared. Marian's story scares me though. There are a few Trilliums in MN, but they are presumably from the Canadian plant. I'm thinking that things will be improved in the Alabama plant??? Or should I just give up on this beautiful interior and perfect floorplan...
__________________
brandybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
marianb's Avatar
 
Name: marian
Trailer: Concerned Trillium Owner
California
Posts: 14
Re: obsessed with Trillium

Marian here. When I posted about the wheel coming off, we were brand new RV/ trillium owners. The problem was actually with the seller who never told us to tighten the lug nuts. We had never owned an RV and did not know that you need to tighten the lug nuts regularly. After we got it home, discovered the heater was hooked up wrong, fridge not hooked up at all, was not checked out at the factory before releasing it for sale. The trillium was actually a good little trailer once all the things they were supposed to do were taken care of. We have since traded for a bigger RV. It was just too small for us. The price on those units is way off the charts though. We bought a new 21 foot RV with all the bells and whistles and it was less than what we paid for the trillium.
__________________
marianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandybmw View Post
We love the new Trillium 1300 bunk model! They have beautiful interior - dark modern wood floors, stainless fridge, modern flat stove/sink area. The ones in MN don't have a bunk but it looks like the front dinette would easily be retrofittable. Great West Vans was responding to my emails but then disappeared. Marian's story scares me though. There are a few Trilliums in MN, but they are presumably from the Canadian plant. I'm thinking that things will be improved in the Alabama plant??? Or should I just give up on this beautiful interior and perfect floorplan...
Marian's trailer was built during a time when the US Trillium group didn't actually have its own faculty and was contracting out to pretty well anyone who would build for them. Think you will find thats no longer the case and the trailers are now being built by one company and who seem to have better quality control and customer service.

Great West Vans who are making the new Trillium/Sidekick (was Trillium USA) is still very much alive and well -although in the process of moving their plant - have your tried their 1-800 number? They sell through RV dealers so you should ask where the nearest one to you is and you might get more help from a dealer than directly from the factory. I know there are a number of new Sidekick's sitting at RV lots here on the West Coast.

Failing that there is still the other option of going to WWW.trilliamtrailers.com we have a few owners of what is now called the Outback who attend our rallies here on the coast and the owners seem pretty happy with their trailers.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
David Tilston's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Posts: 5,317
Registry
On Trillium / Outback's web site:
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: Trillium Trailers has temporarily suspended business due to a move. We apologize to our valued customers for this inconvenience. We will be back up and running soon. If you need to contact us we can be reached at 587-998-3929. Thank you!
__________________
David Tilston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
marianb's Avatar
 
Name: marian
Trailer: Concerned Trillium Owner
California
Posts: 14
Carol, you are absolutely correct. We bought our Trillium in Pleasanton and when things started going wrong we tried contacting the manufacturer and got the total run around as to who actually built our Trillium. The seller took care of fixing the problems so it all worked out. But it was a bad time to buy a trillium. We bought our current RV through a large RV dealer and it was a much better experience. I learned my lesson. I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Trilliums. They are nice little trailers. Just make sure you have recourse if anything goes wrong. marian
__________________
marianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
BTW I noted on another thread not long ago on the topic of USA Trillum and Great West Vans that someone reported having talked with Tom Young of USA Trillum recently and he confirmed it isn NOT a joint venture with Great West Vans and that he had indeed sold the Tillium biz outright to them.
__________________

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ON | 2014, May 23-25: EggFestOntario for 2014 is back Vivian L Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 13 09-18-2014 08:27 AM
WA | 2014, May 16-18: Maryhill (SP) in May paulw Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 92 05-21-2014 11:18 PM
OR | 2014, April 24-27: Spring NOG 2014 Northern Oregon Gathering Donna D. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 94 05-01-2014 07:41 PM
FL | 2014, Feb. 10-14: Scamp Camp 2014 Mike Sullivan Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 39 02-09-2014 07:36 AM
2014 Sebring Rally pageleigh General Chat 3 10-29-2013 09:39 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.