keeping clothes hangers on the closet rod......... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
keeping clothes hangers on the closet rod.........

Here's a photo showing a very simple and inexpensive way to keep hangers from jumping off the closet rods when traveling.

These are the same little rubber gizmos I use on the "S" hooks on the safety chains to keep them from jumping off the receiver.

I paid 99-cents for the pair at a local boat shop.

Online at Amazon they are ridiculously priced. Some places want $7 for the pair and $7 to ship them. Others places will ship them for "free" but want $14. What a racket!

Hangers designed to stay on the rod cost $9 for a half dozen plus shipping.

Truth be told you can make them yourself for pennies with an old inner tube and an x-acto knife.
Attached Thumbnails
hanger.keeper.jpg  
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Stay-Put hangers work too.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Interesting idea John, but we're lazy and bought the hangers that snap over the rod. One hand operation and done. We got them at a RV show so no shipping. But I like your idea, good thinking.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
We have two small eye hooks in the closet wall one in the front one in the back. When ready to hit the road we just push all the clothes against the wall with the eye hooks and attach a small bungee around the clothes and attach to both eye hooks. Have not had any come off the rod yet.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #5

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
even easier and cheaper. I got a 25 cent small bungee cord and looped it around the pole and over top of the wire hangers and looped it around the pole again on the other side - no more lost shirts....
Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #6

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
no hangars.

I got tired of fooling with the hangars. I took the rod out of the little closet in my 13 ft Burro and put in shelves. I can fold my clothes nicely and get 3 to 4 times the amount of clothes in there. I usually don't get dressed up while camping or traveling anyway. So no need for fancy things on a hangar.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We use the hangers and the rod for things like quick-grab jackets and airing out and drying things that get sprinkled or wet, like towels.

I like the bungee idea best...we darn near could've called the trailer "Bungee" and been more accurate than "Peanut."

We just ordered some "non-slip" swivel hangers so we can turn them sideways if we like--10 for $9 or something from Home Depot...going fancy-dancy. I'll suggest the bungee idea for rolling down the road. What the heck, it's just be one more (that's what she said).

BEST
Kai