Kelty Carport Deluxe Question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #15

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I see Sierra Trading Post has mediums on sale for $131.95. They are a first rate company to deal with...I've never had a problem with a return there.
That's the regular carport, not the deluxe. It doesn't stand up on poles and I don't know if it has the sides that come down. One of the problems I'm having with figuring this out is that some of the vendors have the picture of one thing and the description or name of the other. So I go by the description and match it to the one on Kelty's site.

Well, at this point I'm inclined to wait and hope they go on a great sale again. I have an EZ-up I can use and I might try the tent-fly.

Bobbie

Old 03-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #16

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Willar! Didn't realize you were a member here.. or I probably did and my brain cramped.

How are those ferocious critters?

Bobbie, yes, I saw the carport, but I couldn't tell you what size it was, or the price. I looked at the box and felt the weight just for grins.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape
Registry
Quote:
Willar! Didn't realize you were a member here.. or I probably did and my brain cramped.

How are those ferocious critters?
Hi Gina,
Ya - I drop in from time to time....I still can't bring myself to buy a vehicle big enough to tow an Egg, so its wishfull thinking still.
The Girls are actually mellowing abit now that they're two
We'll be back in Bandon during part of the Gathering again this year. We're heading to NorCal for a Teardrop Gathering - probably see you then
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #18

Washington
Registry
Well, I ordered the medium; today one of the Amazon vendors had it for $149, no tax, no shipping.

Medium Kelty Carport Deluxe

I figured as the next best price I found was $212 and they didn't lower the price on the large, that was a sign.

(Now watch it go to $50 again....)

Bobbie
Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #19

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
Quote:
I also just discovered this, which looks like a possibility, too.

http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=A7905

Bobbie

I ordered one of these but have yet to try it out except in the yard. I will be taking it to the Indiana rally next weekend.

Karen
Attached Thumbnails
newawning.jpg  
Old 05-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #20

Washington
Registry
I took mine (which is a medium) to Lake San Antonio and put it up on Saturday (I also took the ez-up just in case.)

It wasn't hard to put up but the first time I definitely needed to read all the directions carefully as it wasn't intuitive. It should be easy next time and it was easy to break down. The medium is just right for the back of the Campster. I ended up attaching it with velcro glued to the campster and two suction cups. I don't know how these would have held up if the wind came up.

Compared to the Ez-up- easier by far for one person to put up. Also much less shading- lets more light and heat through by far. For hot weather I would still want the Ez-up, though I might do what I sometimes do on the tent and put a reflective tarp on the Kelty before putting it up (Clip it to the Kelty with clamps.)

I meant to get a picture but didn't; maybe someone at the rally did and will post it. Thanks to Lisa M. and her friends for helping me set it up and Gina for helpful advice (like that we were curving the posts the wrong way!) and to Lisa M. for the velcro.

Bobbie