Leaking Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Thanks, Kurt. Mine is in the form of 12 3456, with none of the numbers really making much sense in terms of a sequential "hull number." I guess that would have been pretty hard to keep up with numerous plants going.

Mine was "born" and lived all his (its?) life in Winnipeg prior to my purchase. So I gave him a good taste of the US just bringing him home

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 Boler
I have an update!!!! Thanks to Brandy for giving me the courage to peel back the ensolite, I have now done, nothing wrong there, I simulated rain to find that a bracket in the window is broken and that is where the water is getting in! So the ensolite can dry while it's peeled back and I will have to locate either some new windows or rig up the old.... Thanks all! I was terrified to pull back the ensolite but now that I have done it, not so bad. I am all pumped to deck out my little egg.
Mia R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #23

Trailer: 77 Scamp

YEAH! and it didn't take you three months like me! Great Job.

Quote:
I have an update!!!! Thanks to Brandy for giving me the courage to peel back the ensolite, I have now done, nothing wrong there, I simulated rain to find that a bracket in the window is broken and that is where the water is getting in! So the ensolite can dry while it's peeled back and I will have to locate either some new windows or rig up the old.... Thanks all! I was terrified to pull back the ensolite but now that I have done it, not so bad. I am all pumped to deck out my little egg.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #24

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Mine is in the form of 12 3456, with none of the numbers really making much sense in terms of a sequential "hull number." I guess that would have been pretty hard to keep up with numerous plants going.
I've been tracking the boler American serial #'s looking for clues. Most are 4 digits starting with either a 3 or a 5 with one exception and that's a 3 digit starting with 3. I postulate for the boler American the first digit signifies the plant and the remainder the sequential #. I can't find any starting with a 1, 2, or 4 and believe that plant 3 was either Tri-Fab in Tripoli or Eveland's in Backus, with plant 5 being the other.

Stretching this perhaps planned plants 1 2 and 4 became the Eco in Aurora, NE the Minit/Perris in CA and something up in OR

Any chance yours might be the mold # and sequential #? My understanding is that each mold effectively produced one body per day. That would make for somewhere between 220 and 365 trailers per year.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler