Leaky Dump Valve - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #1

Name: Bruce
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
Leaky Dump Valve

Noticed my waste dump valve leaking on my 21' RB Bigfoot. I looked underneath to attempt a repair and found all plumbing is concealed by a underside pan. Has anyone replaced or repaired the dump valves on their Bigfoot trailer? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Bruce Ebling
Bruce Ebling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I haven't seen your valve or your trailer, but a common dump valve is glued to the drain line.
The good news is that there are four screws on the flange so the valve can be disassembled. You could clean it but it is easier to buy a new valve and disassemble it. Reassemble using all the new parts except the inlet side which you can just clean. A little care must be taken with the rubber o ring. Use a little silicone grease for assembly lube. This is a simple repair which can avoid cutting and gluing.
All this assumes that the valve looks like this...

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #3

Name: M
Trailer: Formerly Scamp
Oregon
Floyd, you're hired! Thanks.
Ttocs M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 PM   #4

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Thank goodness we now own a MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I haven't seen your valve or your trailer, but a common dump valve is glued to the drain line.
The good news is that there are four screws on the flange so the valve can be disassembled. You could clean it but it is easier to buy a new valve and disassemble it. Reassemble using all the new parts except the inlet side which you can just clean. A little care must be taken with the rubber o ring. Use a little silicone grease for assembly lube. This is a simple repair which can avoid cutting and gluing.
All this assumes that the valve looks like this...

: changing that valve to a new one was the easiest job my wife ever did, she just made sure the tank was empty first or there would of been one heck of mess.
also we have easy access as no laying on back when doing the work.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot