LED Fixtures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster
Hi All
Anyone have a good source for interior and exterior 12 volt LED fixtures? Many thanks in advance.
cheers
gerry
gerry gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
A few people in this forum have found LED lights at Princess Auto. I was going to try an LED reverse light which was on sale there as an interior light, but didn't act fast enough and missed the good deal. They carry largely Grote fixtures, and have a good selection for a retail store. They are based in Winnipeg, and have stores in the western provinces and Newfoundland, but also sell on-line, by phone, and by mail order.

Edit note: As Barbara later said, Princess Auto has stores in Ontario as well. The map from their website was loading so slowly when I first posted this that I gave up before the Ontario cities appeared! In the end, it appears that every province except Quebec has their stores; I've only been to ones in Alberta.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
From the Helpful-Links pages:
Lighting - Interior and Exterior - Sources for LED, CCFL, regular bulbs, etc.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
A few people in this forum have found LED lights at Princess Auto. I was going to try an LED reverse light which was on sale there as an interior light, but didn't act fast enough and missed the good deal. They carry largely Grote fixtures, and have a good selection for a retail store. They are based in Winnipeg, and have stores in the western provinces and Newfoundland, but also sell on-line, by phone, and by mail order.

We have Princess Auto stores in Ontario as well.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 75 Boler ('Twilight Lounge')
To purchase 7" round LED Stop/Turn/Tail Lights, check Princess Auto under SKU 8059586. We paid 34.95 but recently they were on sale for 24.95 ea. These lights are a perfect fit for our 1975 Egg and even match the fiberglass mold holes for mounting. They make our Egg extremely visible during both daylight and night conditions.
Debbie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1990
Stretching battery life is important to those of us who boondock often. Interest in LED lighting as a way to extend our time out appears to be high. Complaints about the low light level and cold color of several of the LED interior light options have perhaps kept folks from trying them.

I find that sailors are a great source of information because their sailboats are really just fiberglass trailers without wheels or a tow vehicle. They are searching for solutions to many of the same problems that trailer owners are.

My brother, a dedicated sailor, sent me this in response to a question I had about LEDs.

"Practical Sailor had a brief review of an LED replacement for boat cabin lights. It's made by Sailor's Solutions and is called the Sensibulb. They liked it because it had a warm, golden light and ample for berth lights when used to replace halogens. The light was not quite as intense as a 10-watt halogen but it consumes .18 amps as opposed to 1.5 for the old halogen (apparently it replaced an 18-watt halogen?). It's $40 and fits a standard halogen socket or a standard 12-V bayonet socket with a $2 adapter. Check www.sailorssolutions.com."

A review of these lights from Wood Boat Review is at http://www.sailorssolutions.com/BodyPages/...nsibulb0906.pdf and the review from Practical Sailor is at http://www.sailorssolutions.com/BodyPages/...bulbArticle.pdf

I have not seen these lights and they are more expensive than others mentioned on MFROG, but perhaps their characteristics would make them worthy of a look.

John C.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi All
Anyone have a good source for interior and exterior 12 volt LED fixtures? Many thanks in advance.
cheers
gerry
Hi: Just finished doing clearance/ stop turn and tail with Grote products...Super Nova 4602 and 4603 red and amber cl. lights@ $9.95 ea and 53252 4" stop turn and tail@ $19.95 ea +67001 pig tails@$1.86ea and 43253 S/S flanges@$6.30ea. The 4" 10 diode lights fit nicely under the old top hat lenses so the look is retro...and very BRIGHT!!! My Brother liked them so much we just finished doing his Boler too. All lights bought at Traction Heavy Duty Parts a div. of U.A.P. Ontario. And He said"let there be light". Alf Stacey north shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led lights, lighting