LED lights for Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Hello all!

I would like to change the lights in my Trillium (the ones on the side of the cabinet over the stove) to LED.

Can anyone tell me what base size I need? The superbright led site refers to an 1156 base. Is this the 'standard' for these?

thanks

Barry
Barry Konkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
I replaced the ones under the end shelves with 1156 LED's. Nicer light. I would think all the bulbs use this base in the Trillium
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Hello all!

I would like to change the lights in my Trillium (the ones on the side of the cabinet over the stove) to LED.

Can anyone tell me what base size I need? The superbright led site refers to an 1156 base. Is this the 'standard' for these?

thanks

Barry
Hi Barry,
1156 is the size used in most Trillium fixtures. If you go to the superbrightled site and look in the RV bulb section they show 4 different bulb base types with relevant dimensions so you can be sure. Remember to go warm white and Surface Mount LED's(They use 9 per board). We found warm white to be slightly whiter than the 1156's and a bit brighter. $21.95 ea.
Bill
Bill F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
If your Trillium has the original fixtures you should have the standard "1156" bulb base. You can check by pulling the bulb out and visiting an auto parts store, finding their 1156 bulbs and comparing your bulb to the one on their shelves. The glass part of the bulb may look slightly different and the metals they use in the base -- a brass colored metal or shiny nickle -- may differ, but otherwise the size,shape and the way the bottom of the bulbs should look like the same thing.

If they are different, I'd get this LED panel from V-Leds because it comes with an assortment of different bulb bases, so it should fit no matter what you have in your trailer. These are the LED panels I use in our trailer and I like them a lot, but if your trailer ficxtures take 1156 bulbs the SuperBrightLEDs panel should work fine as well.`

peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
Quote:
Hi Barry,
1156 is the size used in most Trillium fixtures. If you go to the superbrightled site and look in the RV bulb section they show 4 different bulb base types with relevant dimensions so you can be sure. Remember to go warm white and Surface Mount LED's(They use 9 per board). We found warm white to be slightly whiter than the 1156's and a bit brighter. $21.95 ea.
Bill
I just ordered those 9 per board one's last week,
and should have them here soon.
I got a couple of the 24's for above the kitchen sink.

I am going to replace the sink fixture, with a double fixture later this week, and put those (2) 24's there.
That should really light up the counter when cooking/doing dishes/ect ect.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Cool

Quote:
I just ordered those 9 per board one's last week,
and should have them here soon.
I got a couple of the 24's for above the kitchen sink.

I am going to replace the sink fixture, with a double fixture later this week, and put those (2) 24's there.
That should really light up the counter when cooking/doing dishes/ect ect.

thanks everyone for the replies. I think we'll likely go with the superbright 9-light 'boards' - but not until summer. My fianancial manager wants to go with the exisitng lights for now - as we don't plan on much 'boon-docking' this season - our first on the road with our Trillium. The restoration is nearly complete - said financial manager is nearly complete with her other role as head seamstress as she finishes the new cushions.
Barry Konkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
We just received the LED Lights today.
Definitely not cheap,but otherwise very happy with them.
1 -36's
2-24's
4-9's

Had to also pay an additional 26.49 for duty.=outch !!!

Will p/u some 2 way foam tape tomorrow,
and have them all in by the weekend.

Ahhh......the things we do for our Eggs.LOL
Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Had to also pay an additional 26.49 for duty.=outch !!!
I know that's aggrevating. I just paid $17.10 postage for some FREE TICKETS.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Ulysse,

I have ordered a fair amount of stuff through the US in the past two years - I recommend getting things shipped USPS. So far I have never been charged duties by USPS but both FedEx and UPS have charged me - UPS is by far the worst.

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led lights, lighting, lights, trillium