Lighting Dometic Stove Top - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Lighting Dometic Stove Top

When I depress the knob and light the burner, it lights. However, when I turn it to a burner setting (Hi or Lo) and release it, the flame goes out. I have tried waiting a LONG time, and it still goes out. Anyone else had this problem and find a solution?
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
What model is it?

What model is it?
  • If it's one of the SMEV/Dometic models that has a 12V supply, you need to be sure you have voltage or the gas may be cut off. The problem could be a dead/weak battery or a bad connection.
  • Do you get the same behavior on all the burners? The more sophisticated grills have thermocouples that feed back to the regulator to shut it down if it senses no heat output with the gas on.
Good luck!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #3

More info - and THANKS for response!

It is model 2BR-1066050 - not a 12v model. One burner works fine, but the second one will not stay lit (have tried it with the first burner on and off). Seems to me that the gas supply is fine to the stove (although there could be a problem with just the one burner). Since it will light, it is getting gas. I'm thinking it is a problem with the device that shuts it off in emergencies. or a problem with the little knob.
I'm hoping someone else may have encountered this problem and figured out how to solve it!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #4

Wink Figured it out!

Very clever husband figured out the problem! He looked under the stove top and discovered a small copper wire not connected where it should have been!! Hope this might help someone else sometime!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
i just bought this model off ebay did not have the installation instructions mine says its a 12 volt model and has the electrical or copper wires in back so i though it might me a 12 volt ignitor do you have any pictures of your install its really a beautiful stove im afraid to use it its so clean and new....lol
jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #6

No pictures, not 12v

Hi - and good luck with your nice new stove. Mine is not a 12v. We have to use a lighter to light the burners. There are copper wires underneath that are part of the system that shuts the burners off if there is no flame. One of those was not connected with a small white plastic clip. Have you tried to find the installation instructions on the company web site?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
nothing on the stove here in the states its listed in Europe

i have the copper wires like you say on the back but on the sticker its says its a 12 volt unit.....

to install it i just have four corner clips was there anything else needed to secure to the fiberglass top
jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote