Lighting wires and sink pump wires in Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #1

Name: Kari
Trailer: Burro
Minnesota
Lighting wires and sink pump wires in Burro

My hubby just can't figure out a couple of wires in our 85 Burro. There are some wires in the cupboards above the sink that have alligator clips on them, and there is a wire in the sink hand pump that we can't figure out what it's for. Any ideas? The cupboard wires may have been an add on. A light possibly? We removed the pump, the wire was inside it. I am talking about the hand pump attached to the sink if I am being confusing! Thanks so much for any ideas!
Kemoldenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #2

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Have you tried contacting the previous owner?
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #3

Name: Kari
Trailer: Burro
Minnesota
Lol! now wouldn't that be just too easy? I am sure he can, he lives just a few miles away! He was just brain storming last night as I read to him from the forums. The gold mine of info here has held us captive. We are slowly becoming hooked on our fiberglass camper, Seeing it emerge from the mess it was.
I will make sure to suggest he call the old owner, who was the original owner. TY!
Kemoldenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemoldenhauer View Post
We removed the pump, the wire was inside it. I am talking about the hand pump attached to the sink if I am being confusing! Thanks so much for any ideas!
Depending on the make and model of the hand pump unit, it might be a multi purpose device. This one for example operates in 3 ways:
Hand Pump Faucets - Low Boy Style on Sale - PPL Motor Homes
I quote: "Triple action allows hand pumping, as well as operation on city water or electric demand pumps."

It may have been installed with the intention of one day controlling a pump or just not connected to a pump, existing or not.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote