Lil Snoozy Bed Curtains - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Lil Snoozy Bed Curtains

Hi! I know that the Snoozys being built now don't have the bed curtains installed at the bed because a lot of customers didn't like them. I know I can buy black out curtains but, what length is used and I was wondering what are other owners using for privacy in place of them?
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
We took ours down. They looked nice but didn't serve a purpose. The bathroom has a door. That is the only place we need privacy.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
JBB

South Carolina
I appreciate your response. My concern is that sometimes I stay up a later than my husband, reading, knitting etc. I don't want to disturb him if possible.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:22 PM   #4

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
I can see your point. I don't know the size but it will be easy to do. The rod mounts on the bed side of the oak arch. It seems like the curtains were four foot or so long. The opening is about six feet wide.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #5
JBB

South Carolina
Thanks! That gives me an approximate idea of what I'm looking for. I'll start looking around. Our camper is supposed to be ready late April early May. I appreciate the info.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #6

Name: Cate & Dan
Trailer: 1976 Triple E SurfSide "The Mutt Hut"
Manitoba
We have a '76 surfside and wanted to close off the bed at night. I just got some cheap panel curtains (lined) with the large grommets and one of the adjustable spring loaded shower curtain rods. They come in various lengths and colors and have rubber tips so we just tighten the rod between the cupboards. with a longer one we can actually tighten to the sides of the trailer. It uses the pressure of the spring to stay put and the rubber tips keep it from damaging anything. If we don't want it up, it is easily removed and stashed. Also works well for extra mosquito netting when the bugs are particularly bad. You can install the curtains and adjust the length for hemming when you figure out what is best. I hemmed ours about four inches from the floor so the light doesn't come in and they are long enough that they don't get tangled up with the bed clothes without the risk of stepping on them when getting up in the dark. Can also sew a few metal washers into the hem to weight down lighter fabrics.
Old Macdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We put some screw-in eye bolts at strategic corners inour 73 amerigo (it has a wood panel lining all over inside) and use a stretchy bungee. We can close off the porta-potti closet area, the main doorway, the back half from the front half, and Paul's bed/sitting area. We use a very large beach towel we've been kicking around the house for decades...too nice to offload, but up till Peanut, of no use to us. We use those curtain rings with the alligator-type clips on them, slid 7 over the bungee, clipped on the towel, and voila. We have four curtain positions depending on needs, Paul can have some privacy, and I have privacy in a larger area of the trailer than the porta-potty "niche" we call the putin. I need extra space.

We already call Peanut our "two-bedroom unit" because of the two separated beds/sitting areas...this gives us extra flexibility day and night. The towel hangs lower than the bottom of the mattresses but not clear to the floor.

BEST
Kai

There's that towel across the putin area...yup, it's a beach scene. Matches Peanut's color scheme, more or less.

Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 115.JPG  
Old 03-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Hi! I know that the Snoozys being built now don't have the bed curtains installed at the bed because a lot of customers didn't like them. I know I can buy black out curtains but, what length is used and I was wondering what are other owners using for privacy in place of them?
Our panels are 52" wide by 46" long, and the hem pocket for the rod is 3". The curtain was made from "bed in a bag" (the bed spread, sheets, & sham kit) that they purchased Anna's Linens. They would need a light blackout liner if you wanted better function at blocking out light, but they do block out cold well.
Best of luck with your glamping.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
JBB

South Carolina
I appreciate everyone's input! Those are really good ideas. Thanks!

Tags
lil snoozy