Lil'Snoozy owners : please contact me - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #57

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
American Boler and CAD drawing are here
The company (American Boler) is sort of here, and has the drawings, but the Zephyr (the trailer) is not here yet - not even a physical prototype. If it gets built, it will be interesting to see if Computer Aided Design is actually used, or just Computer Aided Drawing; Computer Aided Manufacturing would be another step beyond typical current practice.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #58

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
We just got back from an egg gathering in Quartzsite Arizona, and was able to tour BAMA's "Wake Up Lil Snoozy". I was impressed with most of all I saw, but some things I would like to change to suit our personal needs. Over all I think we have found our next trailer, even though it's 1900 miles away.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #59

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I believe ParkLiner, according to online promotional video, has a CNC router for milling parts in sheet goods. A basic cookie cutter mill, no matter how outdated is a 100K$+ investment. I doubt if these 30 units/year startups can really afford these machines or that they have the volume to make one pay for itself. Back in the day of "32mm" computer numeric mills, the standard joke that CNC allowed you to duplicate your mistakes faster was a sad fact. Lots of enterprising young men went belly up on their first pallet of melamine board and they didn't need to work a seven day week to do it.

jack
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #60

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Parkliner's cabinet maker neighbor has the CNC not them.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #61

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Makes my point. Takes a village.

jack
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #62

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
lil snoozy has a cabinet maker that makes their woodwork for them as well... farming it out because you can't afford all the equiptment. As long as the quality level is high its fine. Im real happy with the woodwork on my ParkLiner. In the fall I might add a coat or 2 more of the spar varnish to further seal it and sand between coats to get it silky smooth.

deryk
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #63

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Smokin' Concepts
Texas
Couldn't be Happier

Ruth,
So sorry your experience with your Lil Snoozy was so frustrating. We have #147 and have experienced none of the issues mentioned in this thread. The closest is one drawer not staying shut, but I fixed that with a $0.98 metal spring clip from HD, this was not a Lil Snoozy flaw but the the manufacturer of the door latch. I experienced a little slow gray water tank drainage but found much depended on the angle of the drive at the clean out station.
This is my first RV but have had countless boats and none have been perfect right out of the shoot. I have done several small modifications to personalize our Lil Snoozy as I plan on having this trailer for many years to come. The unique design, durability of the shell and construction methods are what sold me on the product. The simplicity of the added features give me confidence most any flaw that does show up over the miles I can repair or replace with minimal effort or expense.
All in all we love our trailer and would and do recommend it to the many folks I end up giving tours to (most by their request).
Ya got to admit it is an attention getter!
CHEERS TO LIL SNOOZY!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5223.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #64

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
It's nice to hear from the fan club- we're all glad for those of you Snoozers that haven't had to deal with the kind of defect(s) that the O.P. (and evidently at least one other person) has!

I'll also be interested to hear about the ultimate resolution of the "open hole" problem found by Mike shortly after he got home with his trailer and the other problems the unit seems to have developed in the interim.

It's been almost three months since this whole saga began- I'm not sure what we are to make of its evidently ongoing (unresolved?) nature...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #65

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
TLG4FUN,
I think the yellow tug and your striping makes for the ultimate match.
Looks good. Let's see, wife has yellow drink, yellow food on the stove,
and yellow plate on the table. Hmmmm, somebody likes yellow. lol.
Hope there was plenty of yellow sunshine. Great pic.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #66

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see a fishing pole in the back ground but I do not see any fish on the grill cooking??
Those eggs are huge, got to go eat some breakfast now!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #67

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'll also be interested to hear about the ultimate resolution of the "open hole" problem found by Mike shortly after he got home with his trailer...
I just skimmed through this entire thread, and confirmed that no "open hole" ever existed, or was ever reported by Mike or anyone else (other than Herschel's "blow hole" joke ). It was a cosmetic flaw in the gelcoat.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #68

Texas
Jim,
The fishing in this area has been very very slow since the drought. Heard today that the two major Highland lakes reservoirs are so low there are no public boat ramps open on either Lake (Travis or Buchanan). We were camping at Inks Lake a constant level lake between the previous two. There was a tournament that morning with a lot of long faces returning to the dock with empty stringers. We’ll all continue to pray for rain here.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #69

Texas
Brian,
Thanks for double checking thought I was missing something. Closest I found was a leaking window and if I remember correctly the manufacturer of the windows has an improved gasket available. As with many other products how best to test them but to get them out being used, as long as the improvements and fixes are dealt with in an accommodating manner by the manufacturer, can we ask much more?
Should I be mad a God for letting our lakes dry up?
I'm sure he'll fill them again _/)_
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #70

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I think that is the aforementioned cosmetic flaw in the gelcoat. No leak from that, but it looks bad.