Lil'Snoozy owners : please contact me - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #81

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
I agree with Bill, we have had a few problems too but I believe no brand is going to be perfect. Bottom line, I'd buy another one.

We have had a few leaks but the is no structural wood anywhere so no worry about rotten floors.

A possible source of dampness under the sink is water that splashes onto the countertop and then runs down the AC wiring hole in the counter top next to the sink. It could also be leaking through the joint between the countertop and wall. We swapped the short faucet that came with the trailer for a taller one. That helped somewhat with the splashing but its still impossible to wash dishes without getting the counter all wet.

We have condensation, too, but that's physics - high humidity indoors condenses on cold walls. You cant expect much insulation from 3/8" of foam between the skins. Carpeting on the walls (aka rat fur) might help but brings its own set of problems. Everything is a compromise. We started cooking on a gas hot plate and later switched to electric. The gas puts a noticeable amount water vapor in the air as a product of its combustion. The induction hot plate made a big difference in indoor humidity and waste heat. The initial stickiness of the interior gel coat seems to have improved with age.

I haven't noticed any mold under the linoleum flooring but I wouldn't be surprised if its there. The fridge accumulates ice on the cooling plate which melts and runs out the door and onto the floor after the fridge is turned off. Maybe no flooring at all, just a nice paint job on the gel coat would be a better solution. We were going to glue down a wood floor but haven't gotten around to it yet.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #82

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Do you have the vent on the back of the trailer? I wonder if leaving that vent open a bit while the trailer is not in use would help reduce moisture issues. I set my trailer up with vent covers on the top vents (I have 2) so i can leave them open all the time.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #83

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
I'm going to see one today .I hope the 2012 models were built better then the early ones.when did they start building lil snoozy's 2010??
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #84

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Best I can recall, it was late spring of 2011. Right after I bought some other brand.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #85

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
I have been looking at the Snoozy also, and so far it is the one I seem to keep coming back to. The only issues I have questions about which I read here are the

1.‘Surge Brakes” I read a concern not an owner post, but someone raised that surge brakes could present a problem going downhill on mountain passes where the brakes could drag and get to hot. I have had surge brakes on my boats with good results but I have never been anywhere but the flats with them. Now I am planning on venturing to Colorado and out west so mountains are in my target.

2. This I just read on this thread about the interior walls getting sticky… I hate fur but I am furry so sticky walls will really be uncomfortable, what do you real Snoozy Owners think and do you have any of this?

3. The condensation issue has me confused, does this occur when your in it, or when the camper is being stored? I live in South Florida so humidity is king and its hot, I don’t mind leaving the fan on or a window cracked when camping but I don’t think that is possible when it is stored between trips. Our usual temp is mid 90s with PM thunderstorms daily during the summer.

Thanks for your info.
Flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #86

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
The condensation issue is interesting, particularly with a double walled trailer with insulation between the walls.

In all our travels I have never seen condensation on the carpeted and insulated walls of our Scamp 16 and the insulation is not too thick; the only place I've seen condensation in our Scamp 16 is on the uninsullated windows and their frames.

I would wonder if there's insulation in the walls.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #87

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
One of the first ones came to the FG rally in summer 2011 in Pennsylvania brought by Nicholas himself. The condensation issue occurs while the unit is in use, either in summer or winter. While empty leaving a window or vent cracked with some damp rid is all you need.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #88

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Our walls were a bit "sticky" when we first got it in April.
They aren't now that I can tell. So maybe it's more of a curing
thing. As anxious as every one gets, we pick them up when they
come out the door.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #89

Florida
thanks that was what I was hoping.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #90

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flharleycop View Post
I have been looking at the Snoozy also, and so far it is the one I seem to keep coming back to. The only issues I have questions about which I read here are the

1.‘Surge Brakes” I read a concern not an owner post, but someone raised that surge brakes could present a problem going downhill on mountain passes where the brakes could drag and get to hot. I have had surge brakes on my boats with good results but I have never been anywhere but the flats with them. Now I am planning on venturing to Colorado and out west so mountains are in my target.

2. This I just read on this thread about the interior walls getting sticky… I hate fur but I am furry so sticky walls will really be uncomfortable, what do you real Snoozy Owners think and do you have any of this?

3. The condensation issue has me confused, does this occur when your in it, or when the camper is being stored? I live in South Florida so humidity is king and its hot, I don’t mind leaving the fan on or a window cracked when camping but I don’t think that is possible when it is stored between trips. Our usual temp is mid 90s with PM thunderstorms daily during the summer.

Thanks for your info.
1. No problems at all.

2. Very slightly tacky when new. Nothing would actually stick to the walls. You would not even notice it if not looking for it. Maybe they have improved the gel coat chemistry since my 18 month old trailer was built?

3. The entire body has a 3/8" thick foam core, so is insulated everywhere. That said, 3/8 insulation isn't much and condensation will form on the smooth shiny walls when it's relatively cold outside and humid (like when cooking with a gas flame) inside. Condensation on the windows is worse as there is zero insulation.

Condensation occurs because its warmer and more humid inside the trailer than outside. Wouldn't happen in storage as you aren't adding extra moisture inside.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #91

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDenny View Post
1. No problems at all.

2. Very slightly tacky when new. Nothing would actually stick to the walls. You would not even notice it if not looking for it. Maybe they have improved the gel coat chemistry since my 18 month old trailer was built?

3. The entire body has a 3/8" thick foam core, so is insulated everywhere. That said, 3/8 insulation isn't much and condensation will form on the smooth shiny walls when it's relatively cold outside and humid (like when cooking with a gas flame) inside. Condensation on the windows is worse as there is zero insulation.

Condensation occurs because its warmer and more humid inside the trailer than outside. Wouldn't happen in storage as you aren't adding extra moisture inside.

Thank you,