Little dogs.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1984
Holly loves to share.
Actually it's the first ground squirrel that she has encountered and she's just wondering what to do with it. PS. She figured it out rather quickly.
She has a pet carrier that she sleeps in both at home and when on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
126 (1024x683).jpg  
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #22

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
That squirrel doesn't know how lucky he is!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1984
Ha! The Zen didn't last as long as it took to type this post....Kazaaaam!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You might want to consider a soft dog crate - metal frame with washable nylon body as they fold flat and are easy to assemble so can be put out of the way when not in use. I had a friend that got one for her small dog and really liked it in their 5th wheel. We use the hard plastic for our dog which has the advantage of either containing the dog or if you put the top of the shell inside the bottom, you have an open bed area. Our dogs have always loved their crates and slept in them with the door open if we were not using them to confine the dog at home. In our campers, since we usually have big dogs, we could not use them and the dog just hogged all the floor space - night light was necessary to navigate at night! I believe that a responsible dog owner is a responsible dog owner despite whether they are in a house or in a camper and our dog(s) were always a delight to everyone - we pick up after them, they didn't bark, etc.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #25

Iowa
Thank you cathy, that is an idea i hadnt though of. Either way, i am going to see a camper tomorrow and will find out if i need one or if i can use the base of the Spirit small dinette seat. Will let you guys know. Thank you for all your thoughts.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #26

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, i'm guessing my cocker will sleep under the dinette bed,,,as he likes sleeping in a den like spot, my rat terrier? well,,,,,anyone that has ever owned a rat terrier will tell you,,,she will be in bed with you,,,,she is queen,,,you have no say in this matter.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #27

Name: Richard & Carolyn
Trailer: 2000 Casita SD 17'
Gabriola Island, BC
Registry
FWIW, we just bought a 17' Casita SD and have an 18lb Bichon. Daisy loves to sleep on our bed, wherever it is and we don't usually allow it, especially while we are using it.
The arrangement we have evolved is for Dasiy to use her blanket on our always made up bed during the day and evenings when we are eating or watching TV and to sleep on her blanket on one of the side dinette seats at night.
We are on our first ever trip and the above has worked well for us.
This first trip has been a learning session for us all and so far things are working well. We live in Southern BC and are currently in San Diego, 2 weeks into what we hope will be a 2 month trip.
Good luck with your situation.
Richard, Carolyn and Dasiy
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #28

Iowa
The front dinette seat will work. I won't be able to put a bed in there but a couple of fleece blankets folded up just right should be fine. Dave will have to make a door out of plexi glass with holes in it but i think it will work. Have to take them out there and have them try it out.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #29

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
We camp with 3 dogs in a 13 ft Cardinal (not fiberglass). 2 Chihuahua's and a large 40 lb mutt. We have two bunks so we each get a chi in bed with us and the big girl curls up on the floor in her blankies. She did sneek up to sleep with hubby recently in Quartzsite , AZ as it was in the low 30's
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #30

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Holly loves to share.
Actually it's the first ground squirrel that she has encountered and she's just wondering what to do with it. PS. She figured it out rather quickly.
She has a pet carrier that she sleeps in both at home and when on the road.
looks like the makings of a fine squirrel dog. my rat terrier is a good squirrel dog. she would have had that one all gnawed up before you ever saw it.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #31

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Traveling with our Jerry (cat)

We have traveled with out cat "Jerry" for almost 6 years in our 17' Casita Liberty (No side table). We use our beds as twins and have no problem having Jerry along with us. Plenty of room during the day, even with his litter box.

Jerry (being a cat) can sleep anywhere he wants, but we have a shelf across the back of the trailer. He has his cat carrier on the shelf, and loves that - it's out of the way ... if/when he gets cold he will snuggle with one of us ..

If you had small dogs, and had the shelf in the trailer, you would have a great place that would hold 3 carriers. All tucked away happy and safe.

Traveling without Jerry would leave a big hole in our fun.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #32

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
doggies

I have adopted a rescue/shelter doggie-a 1 1/2 year old Yorkie. I am fixing a little bed for him-under the table/bed.
We wont get to try it out for a few months but it should work.
Love seeing the pictures of the pets in their trailers.
Mrs.C

-
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote