Little more wiggle room for dinette bed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
I know not too long ago there was a topic on how to sleep in a 13' trailer and it looks like folks just got cozy for the most part . But really to be comfortable a little more space would be wonderful . I know I saw something about a folding bed extension on one of the forums but I can't find it now does anyone know what I'm talking about ? . Cindy G.
Cindy and Kent G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You mean this one?

How do you sleep in a 13 footer?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #3

Quote:
You mean this one?

How do you sleep in a 13 footer?
Hi Donna, Yes that is the first forum site I was talking about . But the extension was in another posting and it had pictures too. It was talking about how you could fold the plywood extension up and put it into the dinette storage under the seats when not using it . I hope that makes sense........I hope I didn't dream it . Thanks for the help this site is great Cindy G.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Hi Donna, Yes that is the first forum site I was talking about . But the extension was in another posting and it had pictures too. It was talking about how you could fold the plywood extension up and put it into the dinette storage under the seats when not using it . I hope that makes sense........I hope I didn't dream it . Thanks for the help this site is great Cindy G.
Yes, I saw that recently, too. I think it was on General Chat, let me take a look....
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
I have one on my site that I made:
http://bolerlife.com/smallmods.html#bedext

Frank C
Frank Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Someone at Emily (sorry I don't remember their names) had a pull out extension that enabled you to sleep the other way with your feet on the extension. It was just a piece of plywood with an extension on each side to keep it from pulling all the way out. (stopped by thecloset and kitchen cupboard. It also had a raised edge on the opposite side to keep a cushion kept on the bed or in the tow vehicle from sliding off. Two legs screwed in underneath the front edge and were stored under the bed when not in use. I think we may try this next year.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Yes, I saw that recently, too. I think it was on General Chat, let me take a look....
Thanks for looking ....Cindy
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
I have one on my site that I made:
http://bolerlife.com/smallmods.html#bedext

Frank C
That's it ! Thank you so much ....Cindy
Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Someone at Emily (sorry I don't remember their names) had a pull out extension that enabled you to sleep the other way with your feet on the extension. It was just a piece of plywood with an extension on each side to keep it from pulling all the way out. (stopped by thecloset and kitchen cupboard. It also had a raised edge on the opposite side to keep a cushion kept on the bed or in the tow vehicle from sliding off. Two legs screwed in underneath the front edge and were stored under the bed when not in use. I think we may try this next year.
Thanks Barbara That sounds do able too. I'd love to see the finished product when you do it. ...Cindy