Looking for a Wave 3 Owner's Manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi all. I just bought a lightly-used Wave 3 Catalytic heater from a guy who didn't have the owner's manual anymore. Does anyone have one? Can you fax it to me?
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
dang. I just look in my manual files and I no longer have it.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
I have the manual for my Wave 6 - it is a generic manual for all wave series heaters. I'll dig it up tonight.
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Pete........ tried searching the internet and couldn't find an online manual but this place should be able to get you one:
Joe

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-furn...tic-heaters.htm
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
I didn't even think of having the manual, I just bought a slighly used wave 3 also. I wouldn't mind have some reference to the heater if possible...
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #6

Trailer: Perris Pacer 13 ft 1985 / 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport
Hi Peter,

With Donna's help, we've added the Wave heater user guide to the Document Center under Appliances > Furnaces/Heaters > Wave Catalytic User Guide (at the bottom)

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/files/Wave_Cat..._User_Guide.pdf

thx
Billy
rudock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Hi Peter,

With Donna's help, we've added the Wave heater user guide to the Document Center under Appliances > Furnaces/Heaters > Wave Catalytic User Guide (at the bottom)

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/files/Wave_Cat..._User_Guide.pdf

thx
Billy

Yay! And thank you!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #8

Name: Parker
Trailer: Escape 19
Ohio
I really appreciate the chance to read the manual also! I'm on the verge of buying a Wave 3 for our Scamp 13. Do most folks install these themselves? (I really don't know what "most folks" means either....someone who would take on installing brake controllers and other critical things requiring care.) I read all the warnings about certified installers and inspections, but in most cases when I've had someone else do something like this, I would have been more satisfied with my own workmanship. Would there be merit in doing the installation and having someone else inspect it? I can do leak checks and that sort of thing. No intention to put anyone on the spot here; I'd just like to get a sense of what others are doing.

Parker

Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #9

Parker -

I have installed a Wave in both of my FGRV's. If you are handy, it is not very difficult. The biggest challenge is running the new gas lines. The only tools you need that you might not already have are a "flaring tool" for copper pipe, and a pipe cutter.

I just installed a Wave in my 16' yesterday, and it took about an hour - this includes running the new lines and hanging the heater on the lower portion of the closet. Make sure to use teflon tape on the threads, and check the connections with soapy water for leaks when installing. Also, it is a good idea to use a flexible hose for the final connection to the heater.

Many RV places refuse to install Catalytic heaters or work on gas lines, and if they do, they charge an arm and a leg. It is worthwhile to learn to do it yourself..
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #10

Name: Parker
Trailer: Escape 19
Ohio
Quote:
Parker -

I have installed a Wave in both of my FGRV's. If you are handy, it is not very difficult. The biggest challenge is running the new gas lines. The only tools you need that you might not already have are a "flaring tool" for copper pipe, and a pipe cutter.

I just installed a Wave in my 16' yesterday, and it took about an hour - this includes running the new lines and hanging the heater on the lower portion of the closet. Make sure to use teflon tape on the threads, and check the connections with soapy water for leaks when installing. Also, it is a good idea to use a flexible hose for the final connection to the heater.

Many RV places refuse to install Catalytic heaters or work on gas lines, and if they do, they charge an arm and a leg. It is worthwhile to learn to do it yourself..
Jake,

Excellent! I have the flaring tool already and will probably pick up a tube bender just to make it pretty. I hope to find a local source for the isolation valve and flex line you're suggesting. Also, I think the 90 degree ell that I see posted with a lot of the heaters would make the connection at the heater a little easier through the wall of the closet. Hopefully the RV shops nearby will have that sort of thing.

Thanks!
Parker
Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Jake,

Excellent! I have the flaring tool already and will probably pick up a tube bender just to make it pretty. I hope to find a local source for the isolation valve and flex line you're suggesting. Also, I think the 90 degree ell that I see posted with a lot of the heaters would make the connection at the heater a little easier through the wall of the closet. Hopefully the RV shops nearby will have that sort of thing.

Thanks!
Parker
Parker -

Most local hardware stores have the valve and flex lines. Look near the water heater and plumbing sections...

It's really not hard, go for it.