Looking For Attachable Tent Room For Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Name: Amanda
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Looking For Attachable Tent Room For Scamp

My husband and I are the proud new owners of 1990 13ft Scamp and are getting ready to take it on a multi month tour of the west coast. We are looking for a tent room attachment (similar to this one) for it, since we will be traveling with our two feline friends and figured they would enjoy a little extra room at the campgrounds.

All I can seem to find are pictures, so any and all information would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you!
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #2

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
That looks like a tent made to attach to an SUV or pickup like these:
Napier Sportz Camping Tents

or these

SUV Truck Tents | Tents for SUVs| Minivan Tent Camping

Good luck - you might consider a separate tent room for the cats.

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
You can sometimes find a Dometic Cabana, like the ones made for an RPod trailer, on ebay. And, if you're handy you can add a flexible awning track to the side of the scamp or otherwise fabricate an means of attaching.

I found a cabana there last year for less than $200. I use it attached to the utility slot on the awning tube of our trail cruiser (our other trailer) to shelter a picnic table. I've seen them at CW for over $500. It can be fully enclosed, but we don't use the zip on front.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #4

Name: Amanda
Arizona
Thanks for the great suggestions!
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Tentsonarack.com has an inexpensive awning and tent room that I purchased last year for my Roof Top Tent. The screen room should adapt to any awning if you had some zippers sewn onto the material.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Amanda, although that attached tent looks great I fear you are going to find there are few places you can use it. I have found the many of the state parks up and down the "west coast "do not have large flat areas wide enough to put up a large tent attachment. I often have to try and park the trailer very close to one side of a camping site in order to find enough room to just get the awning out on flat ground. Sometimes I don't have enough room. Often the spot where the campsite table and fire pit etc. are situated is a fair distant away from the trailers parking spot. - Often located behind the trailer or off to one side with a large fallen log separating them.

I have found a free standing pop up with sides you can take on and off to be a good option.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
" I have found a free standing pop up with sides you can take on and off to be a good option. "

I am on the fence with this option. In our larger trailer ( more room to keep an EZ Up laying around) we can walk past cumbersome items like a pop up, with the Burro there isn't a lot of "free" space and I was considering a bag awning.

You are correct with campgrounds and the location of the camp spot vs parking spot. I think they designed them for tent campers! We boondock a lot so the bag awning would be a better option for us.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #8

Name: Jennifer
California
Just wondering what you ended up doing??? We just got back from a trip to Bishop CA w out DS who's 1 and 1/5 yo and we have an older Eddie Bauer arched canopy similar to this one:

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251442602943

We camp off grid (BLM) so space is usually not an issue. The pros were that it was tall enough to stand up and stood up to the wind during the several thunderstorms. The cons were that there's no floor (well DS enjoyed the dirt) and he kept trying to crawl under the sides. He also starting to figure out zippers but I'm sure that will be a concern w any tent.

Tags
scamp