Looking for Bigfoot owners - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #15

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
We have a 1987 17' Bigfoot. We put a propane detector under the dinette (and I think it may also be a carbon monoxide detector too? I'd have to go out and look at it). We replaced the main roof vent with a Fantastic Fan and also put a larger vent in the bathroom (also with a fantastic fan). We replaced the hot water heater which was all corroded and starting to leak. My husband took the door off and took it apart and replaced some wooden framing bits that were rotten and now the door fits, opens and locks a lot better. We want to redo the striping and add solar panels sometime in the near future. We also had the wheel bearings repacked and the propane system pressure tested for leaks. We thought about painting the interior but kinda like the original woodwork which is in pretty decent shape.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #16

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Evergreengirl: How do you find wires to hook up your peopane detector under the dinette as well as the fantastic fan in the ceiling.
I took the rig into the dealer to have all appliances checked and everything works, thank goodness, with no leaks.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #17

Washington
Registry
The detector is on the vertical "wall" of the dinette seat on the driver's side. I think there's some electrical stuff under that dinette seat so that's why the detector was placed there, for ease of installation. My husband also added a separate 30 amp circuit with an outlet there so that we can plug in an electric heater or my hair dryer without tripping the circuit breaker. We had the shop do the detector work as well as the installation of the fans, so I'm not sure about the particulars, but I'll ask hubby and get back to you. He'll know more.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #18

Washington
Registry
OK, so here's a bit more info. The detector is a combo CO and propane detector and is hardwired into the converter which is under the driver's side dinette bench. The outlet hubby installed is 15 amps, not 30 amps. The Fantastic Fan in the main quarters is surfaced wired from a ceiling light. For the one in the bathroom the shop tapped into the bathroom light fixture.

Tags
bigfoot