Looking for Brass Bathroom Sink Faucet w/ Shower Diverters - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Looking for Brass Bathroom Sink Faucet w/ Shower Diverters

The "D-spud" (shower diverter connector) on my Bigfoot bathroom sink faucet will not stay in the "up" position. The model currently in my Bigfoot looks like this - Phoenix USA P4403-I 4" Chrome Exposed Diverter Lavatory Faucet : Amazon.com : Automotive

Showering with one hand holding the diverter in the "up" position is a challenge. I surfed the web for a higher quality replacement sick faucet made of brass. I spoke with manufactures (Phoenix, LaSalle-Bristol, etc.) and retailers (PPL, Tweetys...). Apparently, there isn't a RV sink faucet w/ a shower diverter (D-Spud) that is made of metal. They are all plastic with a metal-like finish.

MY OPTIONS:

1. Replace the plastic faucet with an expensive marine faucet from a yacht parts supplier (such as this Ambassador Trinidad faucet) that has a detachable combo faucet/shower head. Ambassador Trinidad Mini Combo or this one Scandvik Marine Inc. - Products

2. Modify. Found a couple of modifications that looked do-able with skill, effort, and time. (None of which I have in great quantity.)
Scavik modification:
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Shower fixture replacement in a BF10.4E

Home Depot modification:
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Out with the old and in with the new (shower valve that is) l
Questions:
Does anyone out there is FGRV Land know of a quality replacement for the original equipment Phoenix bathroom sink faucet in my Bigfoot?

Has anyone in FGRV Land modified their OE bathroom sink faucet?
Jay Moeller is offline   Reply With Quote