Looking for Dometic freezer door hinge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #1

Name: Richard & Carolyn
Trailer: 2000 Casita SD 17'
Gabriola Island, BC
Registry
Looking for Dometic freezer door hinge

I need a part for an older Dometic freezer door.
The part number is 2002236004. It is the Left Hand hinge bracket and I have attached pictures showing it.
Problem is we are in Canada and the suppliers that come up on line will not/do not send parts to Canada.
If anyone knows where I can get one either from a Canadian source of from a supplier who sends to Canada I'd appreciate the information.
Thanks.
Richard
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_1131 LH hinge.jpg   DSC_1123 LH hinge.jpg  

Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #2

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I need a part for an older Dometic freezer door.
The part number is 2002236004. It is the Left Hand hinge bracket and I have attached pictures showing it.
Problem is we are in Canada and the suppliers that come up on line will not/do not send parts to Canada.
If anyone knows where I can get one either from a Canadian source of from a supplier who sends to Canada I'd appreciate the information.
Thanks.
Richard
I suggest you consider making your own part out of scrap copper pipes and brass screws welded together with tin solder and solder paste. It won't rust, it can be made to fit just about any shape and is definitely stronger than any plastic.

Alternatively, if you are willing to pay the few extra fees, you may use the services of a company like shipito.com which will provide you a US Adress you can use to forward parcels to Canada with all export paperwork. Typically, such parcel forwarding will add 20$ to your shipping cost.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #3

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Richard,
I might be able to help. I have a small business in MN. Email me at info@atlooseends.com
Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote