Looking for Help Moving my New Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #21

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyL View Post
I did get a quote for a flatbed haul, was quite pricey. I will sign up again asking for towing and see what I get. Thanks for the encouragement!

That quote will be more expensive due to the carrier having to use 2 pieces of equipment to haul your trailer instead of just a truck. You will have better luck with bid prices just towing it as it sits and not having it hauled on another trailer.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Give it some time Judy, some of these outfits are on the road and not always able to find the time or have the information to make a bid.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
That camper of yours is not more than 10 miles from me. I am not about to tow in the winter though. The guy that bought my 1st Scamp came from California to haul it home. But that was in the spring. It is still very much winter here. My son had a Mustang shipped from Florida a number of years ago. It was hauled on a flat bed in back of a truck.
Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #24

Name: Judy
Trailer: 2001 Scamp
California
Actually I do get that it is still "winter" in MN. Which is one reason we haven't jumped in the car and headed out to pick up the trailer. Even though I am very anxious and excited to get my Scamp home...(and jealous that you are soooo close) I have all the time in the world to get the trailer to Ca. So, here I will patiently wait.
JudyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #25

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
We tow trailers all the time in winter in Minnesota. I can't say about getting through the montains if you go west though.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Congrats on the trailer! You know, there's always the possibility that you could hook up with somebody who bought a trailer out West and needs it hauled out East....work out a deal. But I agree--Uship is the way to go. I had somebody buy heavy equipment from me, and that's how they found their hauler...who was awesome.
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #27

California
Thank you! We are looking forward to Scamping!!

I have had a number of responses from Uship folks. One this morning looks promising. I guess at some point you go with your gut about someone. Question to all who are listening...do you ask for a copy of the drivers insurance?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #28

California
Found someone! He is picking it up tomorrow.....here in Ca. on the 19th. Yeah!!! Crossed fingers!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #29

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
OMgosh---that is fantastic!!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #30

California
Let the countdown begin!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #31

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
Judy, we saw your Scamp today sitting in front of the Shorewood RV dealer waiting patiently for pickup! I bet they are getting a few inquiries about it, but once you get closer the "sold sign" is there. I bet you are anxious and excited to see her. We were passing through Anoka on our way for a visit to the Scamp factory in Backus today. They will be starting production on our Scamp on Monday and we'll be picking it up on April 22nd. We wanted to make sure we didn't want to change anything about our order. Now our excitement and anticipation have really kicked in - can't wait!!
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #32

I am so glad your camper will be on the road to you tomorrow. Weather is good here this coming week, and hopefully will be good all the way to California. I think you will fall in love. I definately liked it.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #33

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
Judy, we saw your Scamp today sitting in front of the Shorewood RV dealer waiting patiently for pickup! I bet they are getting a few inquiries about it, but once you get closer the "sold sign" is there. I bet you are anxious and excited to see her. We were passing through Anoka on our way for a visit to the Scamp factory in Backus today. They will be starting production on our Scamp on Monday and we'll be picking it up on April 22nd. We wanted to make sure we didn't want to change anything about our order. Now our excitement and anticipation have really kicked in - can't wait!!
Well you are the 3rd person from this site to have seen that little Scamp out there in MN. I love it!! Congratulations on your new Scamp! I imagine that's pretty exciting. We are soooo excited to get our camper. We are DYI types and have remodeled our whole house so we are happy to have a little older trailer that we can muck around with. I look forward to posting "after" pictures some time down the line.
Thanks for the note! This whole experience has been so great thanks mostly to all of you on this site. Shorewood RV's was also very accommodating and helped tremendously with getting the trailer on the road.

Due in CA. on the 19th. (Stop over in Oregon for a few days)!!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #34

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I am so glad your camper will be on the road to you tomorrow. Weather is good here this coming week, and hopefully will be good all the way to California. I think you will fall in love. I definately liked it.
Thanks for the weather up date!! Peace of mind. I am already in love!! Can't wait!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #35

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Judy Judy Judy (aka Cary Grant)---------Well????? Is it there? Tell us--we're dying to know how things went!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #36

California
Yes!!! It's here!! It made it all the way to Oregon and then got stuck there for an extra day due to weather in Ca. Who would have thunk? Then it got held up in a windstorm 50 miles from us...delayed again! Finally, it got here Sunday morning and I had to run off to work! (I wanted to die!)Today I have spent all day in the little trailer cleaning, checking things out. I love-love-love it!! All the neighbors have been over to check it out. I will (and already do) have many questions. Like how do I get the microwave (that I don't want) out of the cabinet? It seems like they built around it? Thanks for asking about the trailer Vicki! Many more questions to come. And a shout out for Uship, got the trailer here on time and at a reasonable $$.

Judy
Old 03-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #37

Yep, just checking in to see if you got the camper and if you like it. Glad you are happy with it. Who would have thought a couple weeks ago that that particular camper would end up in sunny California just because of the posting on fiberglass message board. Many years of happy traveling Judy!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #38

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
Yep, just checking in to see if you got the camper and if you like it. Glad you are happy with it. Who would have thought a couple weeks ago that that particular camper would end up in sunny California just because of the posting on fiberglass message board. Many years of happy traveling Judy!
Thanks so much for the well wishes, Karalyn. I think the camper is sooo happy to be out here basking in the sun. (for today-rain starts again tomorrow) Love this site!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #39

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Pictures of your NEW rig?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Judy,
I can only tell you how mine is fastened in my 2009 16' Scamp.

Looking at the front look under the front edge. Mine has a metal piece sticking out on either side. This metal has a screw in it and I think this may be all that hold it in. ( I have not tried this )

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyL View Post
Yes!!! It's here!! It made it all the way to Oregon and then got stuck there for an extra day due to weather in Ca. Who would have thunk? Then it got held up in a windstorm 50 miles from us...delayed again! Finally, it got here Sunday morning and I had to run off to work! (I wanted to die!)Today I have spent all day in the little trailer cleaning, checking things out. I love-love-love it!! All the neighbors have been over to check it out. I will (and already do) have many questions. Like how do I get the microwave (that I don't want) out of the cabinet? It seems like they built around it? Thanks for asking about the trailer Vicki! Many more questions to come. And a shout out for Uship, got the trailer here on time and at a reasonable $$.

Judy
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp