Looking for Help Near Ottawa - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Name: Maisie
Trailer: 1982 Boler
Quebec
Looking for Help Near Ottawa

Our 1982 Boler is in need of some repair. While still excited at the prospect of having project to work on, my limited knowledge and skills have left me feeling a little overwhelmed.

I've read several posts and have come to the conclusion that our egg suffers from a sagging door. The bottom right sticks out and there is a crack on the top right.

Would anyone be able to refer someone that would either be able to fix this? Or help us do so?

We're situated near Wakefield but are able and willing to go to Ottawa or even around Pembroke.

Maisie
bondgirl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Maisie and welcome. A gentleman named Paul Neumeister is often mentioned for parts and service of old eggs. I have had no personal experience with him but those that have always say good things. Here is his web site. Good luck, Raz

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #3

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgirl1020 View Post
Our 1982 Boler is in need of some repair. While still excited at the prospect of having project to work on, my limited knowledge and skills have left me feeling a little overwhelmed...Would anyone be able to refer someone that would either be able to fix this? Or help us do so?
Maisie, I sent a message to our trailer repairman and copied you on it. He used to work for a trailer manufacturer and has been taking care of our Golden Falcon for over a decade as well as countless other trailers in the campground where it is parked. If I don't receive an email response from him, I will ask him if he knows of anyone when we go to pick ours up next week. Others may know of someone willing to do the work closer to Wakefield than Cobden.

Good luck!
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #4

Name: Maisie
Trailer: 1982 Boler
Quebec
Worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Hello Maisie and welcome. A gentleman named Paul Neumeister is often mentioned for parts and service of old eggs. I have had no personal experience with him but those that have always say good things. Here is his web site. Good luck, Raz

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister
Thanks Raz!

Mr.Neumeister is some distance away but I'll give him a call. He might have a contact closer to home.

I appreciate your help!

Maisie

Maisie
bondgirl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #5

Name: T.
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie and Claude View Post
Maisie, I sent a message to our trailer repairman and copied you on it. He used to work for a trailer manufacturer and has been taking care of our Golden Falcon for over a decade as well as countless other trailers in the campground where it is parked. If I don't receive an email response from him, I will ask him if he knows of anyone when we go to pick ours up next week. Others may know of someone willing to do the work closer to Wakefield than Cobden.

Good luck!

I'd love to hear about the trailer service contact in Cobden. I'm also in Ottawa and needing a few repairs done on an old boler. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
TBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi Maisie,

I just sent you a pm for possible assistance with your Boler. Welcome aboard.

Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Nolan View Post
Hi Maisie,

I just sent you a pm for possible assistance with your Boler. Welcome aboard.

Des
Des, note that this was an old chain of communications that Maisie started years ago, I had just wondered the same things (since I'm a new Boler owner in Ottawa). Any suggestions on servicing places appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
What do you need help with?
Graham B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
TBirdy, you're right! I totally missed the date on that post! Watch for pm, Des.
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #10

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham B View Post
What do you need help with?

Graham,

We've a bunch of issues, I think an RV place could look at several of them. I'd like to do as much as possible myself but numbers 1,7,9 are really the only ones I feel competent doing! Any advice or service recommendations appreciated! We are in. Ottawa, Ontario. Thanks so much.

1. Front and read window leak (just a trickle) where the seems don't quite meet. (I just posted separately on this issue)
2. I'd like to have the frame and axel checked out again, the vendor did this and I think they are ok. But just want a second opinion.
3. our hitch coupler locks on the ball, but there is no way to safety it so the coupler doesn't pop up. There is only one safety chain.
4. our exterior lights don't work properly. Can't get signal lights to signal properly. I think it's a ground issue.
5. would like to investigate wiring to a battery which I don't think has ever been done
6. no spare tire or mount for one (not sure if something can be welded to the frame somewhere for this)
7. The seal tape all over the inside of the Boler (on the insulation seams) is falling off a bit. It's still in good shape but I don't know what to use to re-adhere it.
8. Would like to have the propane line checked and the functioning of the stove and heater. Deciding whether to remove them or not...
9. Foam cushions are in good enough shape but I need to recover them and make curtains too!!

Pheuf!
At least there is no sagging, molding, or even much wear that we can see. They didn't cook in it or use it much and it was stored indoors for at least the last 25 years.
Very exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV