Looking for ideas to hang shelf on carpeted walls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Looking for ideas to hang shelf on carpeted walls

Ok so I’m pretty sure this has been discussed... just can’t find a thread
I’m looking for ideas ( other than fiberglassing a block of wood) on how to hang a light weight wire shelf above our sink
The walls are covered with a very short nap carpet ( something like car headliner)
Any ideas .... maybe heavy duty Velcro ?
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #2

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
I hung a couple of lite weight touch lights to the boat headliner using velcro. I felt the headliner coming loose due to vibration combined with weight. I dont do that any longer. I, now. Make all attachments to the fiberglass or wood.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #3

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Talking Casita

Some folks recommended 'drapery hooks'. We did not use them, but instead used Command Strips to stick stuff to the fiber-glass or wood doors etc..incl a second towel bar on the bathroom door + 4 HD ones on the closet door for jackets etc. So far no problemo, except I accidently pulled one CS loose holding one end of our paper towel holder..had to replace that one..on the outside of the little cabinet door over the MW cabinet door. ;-)
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote