Looking for Sink Faucet - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
We are nearing the end of our Trillium remodel. The pump faucet works and now we want to add a cold water tap to hook up to outside water. I cannot seem to find a single faucet unit. They are all double. Does anyone have a source? This site has solved every other problem we have had. georgia g
__________________

__________________
georgia g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Posts: 692
My favorite answer, try a marine supply store.
I just checked on West Marine web site and they have some.

Bill K

Quote:
We are nearing the end of our Trillium remodel. The pump faucet works and now we want to add a cold water tap to hook up to outside water. I cannot seem to find a single faucet unit. They are all double. Does anyone have a source? This site has solved every other problem we have had. georgia g
__________________

__________________
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Posts: 1,556
Quote:
We are nearing the end of our Trillium remodel. The pump faucet works and now we want to add a cold water tap to hook up to outside water. I cannot seem to find a single faucet unit. They are all double. Does anyone have a source? This site has solved every other problem we have had. georgia g
Home Depot carries a single chrome faucet for around $20. Camping World or any Trailer supply store carries the outside connection. The easiest connection material is PEX they now make Gator (Lowes) connectors which require no special tools to connect the pex with. Note: If you use the gator connectors with the PEX make sure you use the plastic inserts which come with the connector.
__________________
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
francene's Avatar
 
Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Posts: 435
Registry
Just saw the single faucet at Home Depot yesterday, about $19. It looked nice.

Fran
Compact II, '74
__________________
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Member
 
Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
Quote:
Just saw the single faucet at Home Depot yesterday, about $19. It looked nice.

Fran
Compact II, '74
Thank you ALL!! It appears we all found the faucet at Home Depot at the same time. We bought it yesterday. My husband is having problems finding the right length hose to connect. But we will go back and investigate the PEX?? Thanks everyone. georgia g
__________________
georgia g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joy A's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Posts: 1,252
Most single faucets have short spouts that don't allow for large items, even some coffee pots to stand up to get filled. I just hated the one that came with my trailer.

I've looked over the years for a single with a high riser spout. I went to West Marine recently and checked out several that they carry. I purchased a single faucet with a high riser spout that swivels. I used it two weeks ago on my first campout of the year. I love it. I can swivel it out of the way or further over the sink. I can get anythng tall under it.
It ran about $49 but is well worth the money.
__________________
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Posts: 319
Registry
Quote:
Most single faucets have short spouts that don't allow for large items, even some coffee pots to stand up to get filled. I just hated the one that came with my trailer.

I've looked over the years for a single with a high riser spout. I went to West Marine recently and checked out several that they carry. I purchased a single faucet with a high riser spout that swivels. I used it two weeks ago on my first campout of the year. I love it. I can swivel it out of the way or further over the sink. I can get anythng tall under it.
It ran about $49 but is well worth the money.
We bought a tall high rise spout too, from Defender Industries (www.defender.com)

The item was a SHURFLO TRINIDAD FOLDING TAP, for about $28.00

Of course, getting the old one out and the new one installed was another event, but once done, it's been FABULOUS!
__________________

__________________
Join me camping!
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UHAUL FAUCET RICK H. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 2 02-11-2010 12:20 AM
Sink Faucet and Drain in 2006 Trillium & etc Nichole Adams Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 9 09-08-2009 11:08 PM
Faucet help for a '75 Trillium Kimberly E Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 5 08-13-2009 06:23 AM
Faucet spits no more! Ruth C. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 01-08-2006 01:53 PM
13' Boler - pump faucet Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 06-18-2003 04:20 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.