Looking for window seals for Boler door window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #1

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Looking for window seals for Boler door window

We are trying to find 2 types of seals for the small hehr window on our Boler door. The first type we need is (hehr standard glass seal) the seal that seals the glass to the metal frame of the window and the other (hehr standard backframe gasket) is the seal that seals the window when you close it. They sell them on Vintage trailer supply but the only come in 25 ft and we probably need 3 ft at best. We are wanting know what others have done?
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Buy the larger peices, use what you need then sell the rest. Or find someone that has done that already. The gaskets are always in demand. I picked up some of mine at a meet.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Name: Andor
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
boler window seal for door.

Hi we just ordered a bunch from vintage trailer supply. the black gasket and the c channel stuff around the window. we live in squamish bc and could send you the remainder if you havent already solved your problem...any extra door seal gasket?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder
Hi we just ordered a bunch from vintage trailer supply. the black gasket and the c channel stuff around the window. we live in squamish bc and could send you the remainder if you havent already solved your problem...any extra door seal gasket?
Hi Andor,

Thanks, we actually ended up doing the same thing and ordering from VTS. Coincidentally we haven't ordered any door seal.

Do you mean you have door seal gasket, or need door seal gasket? If you have some we may be interested in buying your left overs If you need some...read on (I wrote this before I realized maybe you had some you were interested in selling)...

Our plan at this point is; we are either going to find a car dealer here who sell trunks gasket, which is what was around our door previously and worked really well or pick up a wide d channel gasket from a big box store & improvise. We have had a tough time finding door gasket. None of the RV dealerships have the right gasket. The ones on VTS look like a good alternative, but once you factor in shipping it gets pricey & we have already almost sent them as much money as we payed for our Boler in the first place! We are nearing the end of our Reno now & getting impatient to be finished.

Cheers,
Lindsey
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #5

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomni View Post
Hi Andor,

Thanks, we actually ended up doing the same thing and ordering from VTS. Coincidentally we haven't ordered any door seal.

Do you mean you have door seal gasket, or need door seal gasket? If you have some we may be interested in buying your left overs If you need some...read on (I wrote this before I realized maybe you had some you were interested in selling)...

Our plan at this point is; we are either going to find a car dealer here who sell trunks gasket, which is what was around our door previously and worked really well or pick up a wide d channel gasket from a big box store & improvise. We have had a tough time finding door gasket. None of the RV dealerships have the right gasket. The ones on VTS look like a good alternative, but once you factor in shipping it gets pricey & we have already almost sent them as much money as we payed for our Boler in the first place! We are nearing the end of our Reno now & getting impatient to be finished.

Cheers,
Lindsey
I've got the door seal gasket bought a box of 250' off e-bay a little over a year ago to use on my Trilliums..it was either but small amount for $25 plus $12 shipping or the whole roll for $80 bucks with free shipping...I'll do the same deal I'm doing for another member..I'll send you the door seal free and you can donate what ever you think it's worth to the website for me...would like to help the site in some small way.....send me your e-mail address and I will send you photo's of the seal I've got if you think it will work I'll send it to you free you see if it meets your needs and if so then you can send something to the site.....If it want work trash it and we will try something else...I'll also need your mailing address...THANKS RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I've got the door seal gasket bought a box of 250' off e-bay a little over a year ago to use on my Trilliums..it was either but small amount for $25 plus $12 shipping or the whole roll for $80 bucks with free shipping...I'll do the same deal I'm doing for another member..I'll send you the door seal free and you can donate what ever you think it's worth to the website for me...would like to help the site in some small way.....send me your e-mail address and I will send you photo's of the seal I've got if you think it will work I'll send it to you free you see if it meets your needs and if so then you can send something to the site.....If it want work trash it and we will try something else...I'll also need your mailing address...THANKS RANDY

PM sent. Shipping the seal to Canada might be expensive for us and may just be easier to source locally. Although it is an option
Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #7

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Randy, can you post a picture of the seal you are using for your door seals on your trillium trailers? I'm looking to get a door seal for the boler we picked up last year. not sure what most ppl use for their door seals. I see lots of different door seals out there to choose from. some have a C strip that wraps around the fiberglass edge with a O type seal that compresses between the door and the body. also have seen ones like that with a big and a small seal side by side like this Oo with the C part that covers the fiberglass edge.

anyways, if you could post what seal you use I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #8

My door seal is made by Trim-Lok with a 3/8" O seal and the part that slips on the door in the case of the Boler is 1/4" on Trilliums the trim goes on the door opening....I'll post Photo's tomorrow on what I have....I've used it on Scamps and Trilliums but never owned a Boler so I'm not sure how it will work and shipping to Canada is "NOT" that expensive I shipped out all the hinges and they only cost a couple more bucks than shipping in the US..Hey like I said it will be free just donate to the website "IF" your satisfied with it....
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #9

Sarnia, Ontario
Hi Randy,

I wasnt expecting you to send me the door seal also, you were speaking to bomni about that. I was just wondering what you used. I could pay you for the stuff if you could spare some. I have a shipping address to the US if that would work. I pay 5$ per parcel shipped to this address, saves brokerage fees and taxes when things get to my door. UPS is just crazy what they charge people for brokerage fees. USPS is usually pretty good. sometimes they tax you. but no brokerage fees.

I'd like to see the seal if you can post, i'd appreciate that. only if you have time. no rush.

thanks,
Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #10

Sarnia, Ontario
Randy,

Is that seal like this? but with a 3/8th O? and how thick is the piece that fits onto the fiberglass opening edge? 1/8" or so?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #11

Here's the photo's of the door seal that I have.....This is installed on my 1300 trillium.......
Attached Thumbnails
Seal%20002.jpg   Seal%20003.jpg  

Seal%20004.jpg   seal%20005.jpg  

Old 04-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #12

Sarnia, Ontario
Thanks for the pictures Randy, really appreciate it.

do you know how big the opening is that pinches onto the fiberglass? it looks a bit thick for a Boler trailer? I would think the glass thickness is no more then 1/4" that looks about 3/8" to almost a 1/2" thick. are the trilliums that thick? or is it because its pinching the glass and the wall insulation too?

let me know what you think?

thanks again,
Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #13

I would say it's around 1/4" and does go over the insulation and fiberglass around the door opening...come to thinlk of it that's how I used it on the Scamps I redone.......used just Trim-loc edging around the door itself and the Trimloc with the gasket around the door opening I'm pretty sure...It's been at least 4 years since I had a Scamp here........You would have to buy the trim piece to go around the door I think just can't remember.......I'll try to go back through some old photo's and see what I done.....

Tags
boler