LP Furnace Problem - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Posts: 86
Registry
LP Furnace Problem

Our 1980 Scamp 16'er has a Suburban LP Furnace. It only works in the evening, lights off fine the first time. In the cool mornings (when we really need it) it won't light. I tried adjusting the igniter delay on the thermostat. I figure something is affected by the temperature. The stove lights up fine. Anyone has an idea what it might be?
__________________

__________________
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Posts: 692
Is the fan starting ok in the morning ?

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence W View Post
Our 1980 Scamp 16'er has a Suburban LP Furnace. It only works in the evening, lights off fine the first time. In the cool mornings (when we really need it) it won't light. I tried adjusting the igniter delay on the thermostat. I figure something is affected by the temperature. The stove lights up fine. Anyone has an idea what it might be?
__________________

__________________
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Member
 
Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Posts: 86
Registry
Furnace Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Is the fan starting ok in the morning ?

Bill K
Yep, the fan always kicks in, Bill. This one has me stumped. Appreciate your response
__________________
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Member
 
Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Posts: 86
Registry
I located this website that the mfgr. provided...I'll check it out. It lists trouble shooting steps.
LawrenceW


RV Furnace Trouble Shooting - RV Furnace Trouble Shooting Page
__________________
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Posts: 692
That trouble shooting guide looks good, one thing it reminded me of is to look in the air intake and exhaust on the outside for wasp nest blocking the air passage.

Do the easy things first. )

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence W View Post
I located this website that the mfgr. provided...I'll check it out. It lists trouble shooting steps.
LawrenceW


RV Furnace Trouble Shooting - RV Furnace Trouble Shooting Page
__________________
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
furnace


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with Atwood furnace JPraeder Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 06-06-2013 07:30 PM
Furnace Problem Ric Cain Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 16 04-25-2009 09:21 AM
Furnace / Battery Problem Gerry Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 16 09-18-2007 08:20 PM
Problem Name Joanie Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 1 02-26-2007 04:38 PM
Furnace Problem Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 05-20-2003 06:31 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.