Magic Chef RV oven - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #1

Name: Julie
Trailer: 1974 Amerigo FG-16
Indiana
Magic Chef RV oven

Hello all!
I'm still going through everything on our recently bought 1974 Amerigo. We tested the Magic Chef 4 burner stove w/ Oven. Stove seems to be working well but, when we lit the oven the flames just shoot straight out. (thank goodness I was leaned back from it when we ignighted it.) Sounds like we are missing a part. Does anyone know what this part could be called. I assume it's some part that separates the flame evenly. I'm not sure where to start to find this part. The stove/oven ... I'm just guessing is probably 20+/- years old.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Pictures would help,does the pilot light?
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream
Nevada
Registry
Julie,
You might be looking for something that is no longer manufactured by magic chef. You can find out by going to the web page and entering your model number and find the part you want from the schematics and find out if the part is still available. Chances are you will have to do what many of us here have done and just get another gas range. Here is an example of how you find your part. My gas range is model number is BT16JA-3. Go to ereplacementparts.com, type in your model number and you will see the schematics and parts list. I still have my schematics that came with the trailer so that was a help but ereplacementparts will have it. I found that my part was discontinued so I will replace the range. Hope this helps. Let us know your findings it will help all here at this site. Can you post the model number here and maybe we can help.
Good Luck
Frank
canyon Rafter is offline   Reply With Quote