Magic mesh for a screen door??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #1

Name: jason
Trailer: 13' Scamp "pending"
Minnesota
Magic mesh for a screen door???

just curious if anyone has bought one of these for there scamp for a cheap screen door solution? seems like a decent idea i guess also cant really see how it mounts on the sides, velcro i think ??
81scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #2

Name: Shelley
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
I purchased a magic mesh, but have been hesitant to install it on my Trillium. Anyone out there who have used one ????
Shelley Brinacombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We bought one of these about a month ago but haven't put it up yet. I had tried a similar idea a couple years ago with regular fiberglass window screening, but it gapped so bugs still got in. With the magnets in this "Magic Screen," it's supposed to help with that. I'll let you know when (and if) I get it installed. My wife and I may not like the hassle of having that screen hanging there all the time.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #4

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
we had a screen door put on our scamp from the factory and we wouldn't be witout one.
i have seen previous posts about these magicscreens and the folks that had them love them.

if you can leave your door open and not have bugs inside,,,there is no downside .
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The Scamp stock screen door gets my vote as well. Cant tell you how many times people have seen it and asked how/where to get or take photos & measurements of it in order to attempt to recreate on another type of trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #6

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Yep, very pleased mine came with the factory screen.

I just need to put some new screen in, mine has several tears.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #7

Name: ruth
Trailer: 1986 13' scamp
Pennsylvania
I intended on making the canvas screen you may have seen in the forum but unforeseen problems caused me to try to quick fix with the the magnet screens we see all over the place now. my cousin installed it with velcro around the door, I insisted on putting a zipper in the middle but I used it prior to doing this and actually found it worked very well except the magnet holders will start to fall off the screen. so if you want to use it with the magnets I suggest to just take them off and gorilla glue them back on, I have the zipper on now and still may put the magnets back on. the zipper is great in those high mosquito and fly areas for a tight fit. I also added shoe laces on the sides to tie back when I don't need it. you will need to use gorilla glue to attach the velcro to the camper on the bottom and any other areas where it refuses to stick. I special ordered a marine dual zipper and it is great. all thanks to my fabulous cousin!!
kayleigh0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
another thread about them herehttp://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oor-36539.html
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I bought a similar product a couple years ago just in case I ever wanted to leave the door open and avoid the bugs. I haven't used it yet camping because we usually use the AC. I hang mine using the exterior awning rail and drape it over the outside of the door opening.

Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #10

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81scamp View Post
just curious if anyone has bought one of these for there scamp for a cheap screen door solution? seems like a decent idea i guess also cant really see how it mounts on the sides, velcro i think ??
I use the Magic Mess and love it. However I had to cut off the length and I rolled the sides and sewed them to fit. Then had to reinforce the top as it is fragile weak material. But it works and is inexspensive.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote