Making Bedding - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Making Bedding

Now that I have my new Bigfoot 17' I've discovered the "bedding problem" - sheets don't tuck in etc.

I noticed that one of my lightweight-but-warm blankets, folded in half, is exactlly the size of my bed. If I somehow slipped in a sheet, attach with Velcro, clips, or sew the blanket, sheet, and perhaps attach an underpad into one unit, I could have something to roll up for stowing that could be easily set up at night.

Has anyone tried something like this? Travasak (advertised at Campingworld) has a product like this for about $200, and it seems a great idea. Sleeping bags would work but the required washings for something that heavy is not convenient.

For those seamsters out there, are there some solutions other than sewing the items together? For example, plastic clilps would be uncomfortable, Velcro seems reasonable but needs to be sewn in. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Greg

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 PM   #2

travasak

Greg:

We have one. Really made it easy to 'make the bed', and it's always neat. Darling wife likes 'neat', and ya didn't have to reach to the back side and do the tucking thing.

But we converted to twin beds in our LD and now have to do the beds the old fashioned way. Anyway, we liked the travasak!

Old 06-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #3

Hi Greg,

Being a sewer myself, I still don't think I would sew the sheets and blanket together, it could be a pain for washing if you couldn't take them apart and launder separately. Your idea of velcro seems more reasonable. (There are non-sew adhesives at the fabric store, but I don't know how they'd hold on velcro)
Myself, I would hand sew in the largest plastic snaps I could find. They wouldn't be as hard or cold as metal snaps, but easier than velcro. I find velcro is a pain once it gets in the washer and full of fuzz. This would be hand-sewn, so you should be able to manage without having a machine.