Marker and tailight lenses - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Marker and tailight lenses

Hey all,
On my way to Sebring, and have lost two of the lenses off my '99 Scamp, one tailight and one amber marker. I'm fairly close to a Camping World, is it worth a detour to see if they have them? Are these fairly common, or difficult to find?

Kinda cheesy that they just snap on, with nothing actually securing them.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The rectangular taillights on the 95 and above Scamps are pretty common and can be found most anywhere. The 1.5x4 Bargman #99 running lights are a little harder to find. There is a CW in Bartow Fl. about 40 miles away. There is a RV parts store in Sebring and a RV repair shop in Avon Park. Tractor Supply may have the tail light assy. which there is one in Sebring.
Eddie
The taillights are Bargman #92 lights. Back up lens? Licence plate lens?
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Hey all,
On my way to Sebring, and have lost two of the lenses off my '99 Scamp, one tailight and one amber marker. I'm fairly close to a Camping World, is it worth a detour to see if they have them? Are these fairly common, or difficult to find?

Kinda cheesy that they just snap on, with nothing actually securing them.
I had a cover that didn't want to lock down tight. I put a couple dabs of silicone on the upper corners and pushed it on, wiped off the excess. It never did fall off but came off pretty easy for a bulb change. Quick fix for no cover.....some red nail polish on the bulb.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #4

None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
The rectangular taillights on the 95 and above Scamps are pretty common and can be found most anywhere. The 1.5x4 Bargman #99 running lights are a little harder to find. There is a CW in Bartow Fl. about 40 miles away. There is a RV parts store in Sebring and a RV repair shop in Avon Park. Tractor Supply may have the tail light assy. which there is one in Sebring.
Eddie
The taillights are Bargman #92 lights. Back up lens? Licence plate lens?
Eddie,
I found all I needed at Midstate RV in Macon.

Thanks, Lyle
Old 02-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Good deal.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #6

None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
I had a cover that didn't want to lock down tight. I put a couple dabs of silicone on the upper corners and pushed it on, wiped off the excess. It never did fall off but came off pretty easy for a bulb change. Quick fix for no cover.....some red nail polish on the bulb.
Thanks for the tip, Dave. The RV place gave me a gun with silicone to use, a I followed your advice. Seem to be on pretty good now.

Tags
light